Night Picking Associate
SUMMARY: To fill customer loose book orders in open carton/conveyor environment, using Pick-To-Voice technology, WMT technology and RF units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Productivity—maintain the goals set by Picking Supervisor to achieve 1-day turnaround of all orders;
- Accuracy/Quality—master PTV picking technology, WMT technology and stay attentive to issues of customer satisfaction;
- Communication—must report all system problems, damages and errors found to Coordinator, Lead or Supervisor;
- Teamwork/Flexibility—may work in groups with the Coordinator to shift into unfinished tasks throughout the warehouse; Special projects as assigned.
- Reliability—must be dependable in working established shift schedules.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Restock product to flow bins: involves opening of cartons and loading into specified locations using an RF unit.
Work Replenishment Cutting Area: This involves loading and sorting cartons from a conveyor system onto pallets for drop zone delivery.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work both independently and with groups in a productive and consistent manner;
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a repetitive motion for extended hours;
- Ability to understand WMS and WMT technologies and follow instructions;
- Experience with Pick-To-Voice technology helpful;
- Ability to lift and carry cartons weighing up to 50 pounds;
- Ability to stand on concrete for 8 hours/day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
At least a high school diploma or equivalent. Grade school reading level.
Meet Some of Hachette Book Group's Employees
Jessica works with literary and licensing agents to find projects for Running Press to publish. After a title is acquired, Jessica and its author shepherd the book to completion.
Back to top