Night Bulk Supervisor (3:30p-12a)
SUMMARY: To supervise Distribution Center 2nd shift operations. Primary areas currently are bulk warehouse and picking replenishment operations. With continued growth, anticipate an increase in staffing in these areas as well as the possibility of supervisory responsibilities over additional department’s second shift operations. Ensure that all areas are working efficiently per Company and department procedures. Maintain a safe and clean environment for all 2nd shift employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and maintain daily coverage of the building;
- Train and orient all new second shift employees;
- Maintain equipment used on second shift including walkie riders, turret trucks, order pickers, counter balances, and carton erectors;
- Monitor and analyze employee productivity, performance tracking, and document any system and/or personnel problems;
- Maintain daily progress reports for upper management documenting all problems;
- Meet daily with each 1st shift department supervisor who has 2nd shift operations and together prepare a plan of tasks to be completed nightly and develop a strategy to accomplish these tasks;
- Meet daily with the DC OPS Manager to review work schedules for each area and to review the strategy to accomplish these tasks and to set priorities in the event all tasks cannot be completed;
- Special projects as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: As Assigned.
- Second shift Bulk Storage and Picking employees
- Responsible for tracking attendance and vacation time
- Responsible for weekly approval and adjusting of time sheets
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Excellent communication, analytical, organization, problem documentation, delegation, and team leadership skills required;
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- PC skills required and familiarity with WMS desired;
- Familiarity with radio frequency technology a plus;
- Ability to operate and train employees on walkie riders, turret trucks, order pickers, counter balances, RF equipment, and carton erector;
- Ability to make on the spot decisions when faced with system, equipment of staffing problems;
- Ability to interact with 1st shift supervisors to insure that all daily tasks are accomplished;
- Ability to interact with Dir. of Ops. communicating issues of concern and getting direction if tasks are not completed according to plan.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent to at least a 2 year college or university degree and minimum 3 years relevant experience.
Meet Some of Hachette Book Group's Employees
Jessica works with literary and licensing agents to find projects for Running Press to publish. After a title is acquired, Jessica and its author shepherd the book to completion.
Back to top