HRIS (UltiPro) Temporary Position (5 months)
The HRIS temporary employee will provide HRIS support to the HR team in three locations (New York, Boston and Lebanon, Indiana). The HR team provides support, programs and services to 1,300 employees of Hachette Book Group, a major trade book publisher with offices in the US and Toronto. This position will maintain HR data integrity by analyzing audit reports; compiling and managing data to create an array of reports and spreadsheets that inform decision-making; and providing administrative support to key HR initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, update and audit all tables within HR system to ensure data integrity and efficient and consistent processes are followed.
- Document updated processes for HRIS system (Ultipro) and update user guidelines.
- Generate reports by writing and maintaining a variety of report queries utilizing Cognos
- Produce monthly headcount report and quarterly metric reports, as well as ad hoc reports.
- Prepare spreadsheets and analysis for HR programs and processes (ex. compensation review, talent review) as needed.
- Partner with generalists to complete industry surveys and conduct salary market reviews; conduct compensation analysis and review job codes and salary bands, based on market and industry data.
- Send data and reports to benefits vendors as determined by HR team.
- Partner with Payroll Department on a regular basis.
- Support the HR Team in various initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required and a minimum of 3-5 years of HRIS experience.
- Proficiency with UltiPro
- Advanced Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups) and proficiency in Word and PowerPoint; solid analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt quickly to changes and complete last-minute requests as needed.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
Meet Some of Hachette Book Group's Employees
Jessica works with literary and licensing agents to find projects for Running Press to publish. After a title is acquired, Jessica and its author shepherd the book to completion.
Back to top