The HRIS Associate will report to the HRIS Director, who oversees all HR systems and related processes in support of 1,300 employees of Hachette Book Group, a major trade book publisher, with offices in US and Toronto. The Associate will maintain HR data integrity by analyzing audit reports; compile and manipulate data to create an array of reports and spreadsheets that inform decision-making; communicate with benefits vendors and relay employee information, as needed; and provide administrative support to key HR initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, update and audit all tables within HR system to ensure data integrity and efficient and consistent processes are followed.
- Document processes for HRIS systems including Ultipro and JobVite and create user guidelines. Train system users and employees on processes and functionality.
- Generate reports by writing and maintaining a variety of report queries utilizing Cognos.
- Produce monthly headcount report and quarterly metric reports, as well as ad hoc report requests.
- Prepare spreadsheets for compensation and talent review processes.
- Review current processes with a focus on streamlining and ensuring consistent workflows.
- Complete industry surveys and conduct salary market reviews.
- Send data to benefits vendors; participate in new employee benefits orientation, open enrollment, etc.
- Respond to employee inquiries about HR system usage and benefits
- Interact with Payroll
- Support the HR Team in various initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required and a minimum of 1 - 2 years of HRIS experience.
- Advanced Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups) and proficiency in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal, communication, customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt quickly to changes and complete last-minute requests as needed.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Proficient with UltiPro and JobVite or similar HR systems.
Back to top