The HRIS Associate will report to the HRIS Director, who oversees all HR systems and related processes in support of 1,300 employees of Hachette Book Group, a major trade book publisher, with offices in US and Toronto. The Associate will maintain HR data integrity by analyzing audit reports; compile and manipulate data to create an array of reports and spreadsheets that inform decision-making; communicate with benefits vendors and relay employee information, as needed; and provide administrative support to key HR initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, update and audit all tables within HR system to ensure data integrity and efficient and consistent processes are followed.
- Document processes for HRIS systems including Ultipro and JobVite and create user guidelines. Train system users and employees on processes and functionality.
- Generate reports by writing and maintaining a variety of report queries utilizing Cognos.
- Produce monthly headcount report and quarterly metric reports, as well as ad hoc report requests.
- Prepare spreadsheets for compensation and talent review processes.
- Review current processes with a focus on streamlining and ensuring consistent workflows.
- Complete industry surveys and conduct salary market reviews.
- Send data to benefits vendors; participate in new employee benefits orientation, open enrollment, etc.
- Respond to employee inquiries about HR system usage and benefits
- Interact with Payroll
- Support the HR Team in various initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required and a minimum of 1 - 2 years of HRIS experience.
- Advanced Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups) and proficiency in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal, communication, customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt quickly to changes and complete last-minute requests as needed.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Proficient with UltiPro and JobVite or similar HR systems.
Meet Some of Hachette Book Group's Employees
Jessica works with literary and licensing agents to find projects for Running Press to publish. After a title is acquired, Jessica and its author shepherd the book to completion.
Back to top