Editorial Assistant, Little, Brown
The Editorial Assistant is responsible for providing editorial and administrative support to the VP, Editorial Director and Senior Editor with a focus on crime/mystery, literary fiction, history/journalism, music, current affairs, technology and business categories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Write catalog, cover and promotional copy and preparing fact sheets
• Prepare contract requests and process payments
• Communicate with authors and agents about queries, payments, etc.
• Traffic editorial projects through Production, Copyediting, and Marketing, and secure appropriate approvals
• Enter title data into proprietary databases system and track data throughout publishing process
• Prepare cost specifications
• Read and report on manuscripts, proposals and books submitted for publication
• Coordinate meetings and events, including Sales Conference and Trade Shows
• Perform administrative duties, including: photocopying, sorting mail, filing, directing/responding to phone calls, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in literature
• An ability to attend to details and juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and databases
• Polished communication skills & interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree in English preferred
• At least one year of professional experience within publishing industry.
Meet Some of Hachette Book Group's Employees
Jessica works with literary and licensing agents to find projects for Running Press to publish. After a title is acquired, Jessica and its author shepherd the book to completion.
Back to top