7a PC Kitting Associate
- Lebanon, IN
SUMMARY: To assemble, pack, and sticker all special packaging requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unpack cartons of books from bulk storage to be reassembled into prepacks;
- Assemble corrugated boxes and displays for special packaging requests;
- Repack books into corrugated boxes as instructed;
- Tape and seal cartons to be shipped;
- Place appropriate stickers on books and boxes being shipped.
- Assist in the physical movement of boxes to prepare for shipment.
- Label cartons.
- Walkie Rider and or Counterbalance operation.*
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: Additional responsibility for some identified Kitting positions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate equipment*
- Attention to detail.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Math skills-Jr. High level.
- Good work ethic.
- Good attendance record.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent to at least a high school education and relevant related work experience.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Back to top