6a Shipping Associate I
- Lebanon, IN
SUMMARY: Assemble and assure all orders to be shipped are accurate, intact, have proper paperwork attached, and are sent via the appropriate carrier.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Get customers orders together by inducting freight into the system (throwing cops and bops), pulling fops and scanning cartons to the appropriate dock spot.
- Stack and load the UPS truck, scan bags and non-conveyorable cartons.
- Wrap and restage completed dock pallets.
- Communication – must report all problems to supervisor.
- Sweep and clean the full case area once all cartons are thrown.
- Additional duties as assigned by the lead or supervisor, examples: cutting and picking.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: As assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physically challenging-ability to lift up to 50 lbs. For extended hours.
- Ability to operate Walkie Riders, Hand electric trucks and counterbalance trucks.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a team environment.
- Math skills-High school level.
- Good communication skills.
- Proven work ethic.
- Good Attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
At least a high school diploma or equivalent.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Back to top