Technical Solution Consultant, UK
- London, United Kingdom
Technical Solution Consultant – London, UK
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, mission-critical to the business, and difficult to get right. We provide a platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which work together to strengthen insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 300 customers in more than 32 countries, executing more than 455 Guidewire product implementations.
Our sales and marketing teams are critical to Guidewire's success. For one, the revenue from new sales ensures that we have the funding required to continuously invest in our products and in scaling our growing company. Secondly, our industry is undergoing a technology-led transformation: our sales and marketing teams have the experience and knowledge to partner with insurers to help them plan for success. Of course, our sales and marketing teams are our key ambassadors in the marketplace, and play a key role in how the Guidewire brand is perceived.
Description/Scope of Work
The Guidewire sales team consists of a select group of sales executives and solution consultants. Sales executives are responsible for prospecting, managing the sales cycle, building customer relationships, and closing sales. Technical solution consultants are responsible for understanding detailed customer needs, defining how Guidewire solutions can meet those needs both in RFPs and in person, configuring and presenting complex solution demonstrations, and leading technical discussions. Our compensation structure provides significant team bonus, paid quarterly, for achieving and exceeding objectives. Within the team bonus structure, a pool is reserved to reward outstanding individual contribution.
The successful solution consultant is expected to work side by side with our prospect while making sure that our product management and engineering staff is kept abreast of product strengths and weaknesses. The position requires a unique blend of business process, listening, technical design, and communication skills.
Day to day you will be....
- Supporting the sales team as an expert on the technical and integration aspects of Guidewire solutions throughout the sales cycle:
- Leading formal and informal architecture discussions
- Serving as a pre-sales technical point-of-contact for customers
- Responding to technical issues raised by prospects
- Responding to requests for information or proposal (technical sections)
- Partnering with client business and technical teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Leading or supporting detailed product demonstrations, including configuration of the Guidewire InsuranceSuite (e.g: data model extensions, page configurations, rules creation, integrations)
- Identifying new platform requirements and working with Product Management to design solutions for those requirements
- Installing solutions at client sites and leading or supporting user test drive sessions
- Leading or supporting on site POC, as required
- Providing input and support to the Technical Marketing Team (Demo Team)
Required skills/experience include:
- Experience of software design, engineering, and/or programming
- Broad knowledge of modern enterprise software technologies
- Pre-sales experience with an enterprise software company
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience presenting to senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to understand business process needs and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software, and an innate ability to interact with the customer spontaneously and intelligently
Desired areas of technical expertise:
- Java language fundamentals (interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, threading)
- Core Java EE technology (Application servers, JSP, Servlets)
- Skills across of several cloud and enterprise technologies (AWS, Azure, Heroku)
- Databases (SQL, transactions, isolation levels, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Data persistence strategies (ORM, Hibernate, JPA)
- Distributed computing infrastructure (caching, coherence, network topology)
- Security fundamentals (authentication, authorization, SAML, OAuth, WSS, LDAP, JAAS, ACLs)
- Computational complexity (orders-of-growth, basic algorithms)
- Operating systems (Windows, Linux, AIX)
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top