Technical Solution Consultant / Sales Engineer - Remote, CANADA
- Toronto, Canada
At Guidewire, we build software that offers property and casualty insurance companies the solutions to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks. We’re searching for people who are as passionate about working together to represent our quality products and services to the market as we are.
As a technology expert, you will be working closely with our Product and Services teams to understand our offerings, with the Sales team to communicate those offerings to prospective customers and most importantly with our prospects and customers to help them find solutions to their most challenging business imperatives.
As a member of a team that is known for execution, you will excel in understanding a variety of technical and business process challenges, leading technical discussions with internal and prospective customer teams and presenting complex solution demonstrations. The position requires a unique blend of business process, listening, technical design, and communication skills.
Important Note: 55 - 65% travel throughout the US and Canada is required for this role, with some week-to-week variance.
Guidewire promotes flexible working practices to strive for a work-life balance.
Key activities for the Technical Solution Consultant include:
- Help articulate cloud visions and SaaS offerings to new and existing clients
- Supporting the sales team as an expert on the technical and integration aspects of Guidewire solutions throughout the sales cycle
- Leading formal and informal architecture discussions
- Partnering with the Guidewire Functional Solution Consultants for application configuration for detailed product demonstrations. (eg: data model extensions, page configurations and rules creation).
- Identifying new platform requirements and working with Product Management to design solutions for those requirements
Required skills and expertise:
- Strong verbal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Database systems and concepts
- Integration mechanisms and patterns
- Processes and tools in the software development lifecycle (source control, build systems, testing)
- Familiarity with cloud computing and SaaS industry trends
- RESTful architecture and development
- Java and related enterprise technologies
- AWS technical ecosystem
- Kubernetes and related technologies
- AuthN and AuthZ concepts
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Back to top