Technical Sales Consultant - Remote, US
As a Technical Sales Consultant at Guidewire you will be responsible for understanding detailed customer needs, defining how Guidewire solutions can meet those needs both in RFPs and in person. During strategic sales events you will be called on to articulate Guidewire’s technical vision, configure and present complex solution demonstrations.
Technical sales consultants are responsible for understanding detailed customer needs, defining how Guidewire solutions can meet those needs both in RFPs and in person, configuring and presenting complex solution demonstrations, and leading technical discussions. Our compensation structure provides significant team bonus, for achieving and exceeding objectives. Within the team bonus structure, a pool is reserved to reward outstanding individual contribution.
The successful technical sales consultant is expected to work side by side with our prospect while making sure that our product management and engineering staff is kept abreast of product strengths and weaknesses. The position requires a unique blend of business process, listening, technical design, and communication skills.
Key activities for the Technical Sales Consultant include:
- Help articulate cloud visions and SaaS offerings to new and existing clients
- Supporting the sales team as an expert on the technical and integration aspects of Guidewire solutions throughout the sales cycle:
- Leading formal and informal architecture discussions
- Serving as a pre-sales technical point-of-contact for customers
- Responding to technical issues raised by prospects
- Responding to requests for information or proposal (technical sections)
- Partnering with client business and technical teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Partnering with the Guidewire Functional Sales Consultant for application configuration for detailed product demonstrations. (eg: data model extensions, page configurations and rules creation).
- Identifying new platform requirements and working with Product Management to design solutions for those requirements
- Installing solutions at client sites and leading or supporting user test drive sessions
- Leading or supporting on site POCs as required
- Providing input and support to the Demo Team in San Mateo
- Demonstrated professional experience with enterprise level SaaS applications
- 5+ years of software design, engineering, and/or programming experience
- Broad knowledge of modern enterprise software technologies
- Technical capability proven depth of knowledge in a number of the desired areas of technical expertise, outlined below
- 3+ years of Pre-sales experience with an enterprise software company
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Experience presenting to senior customer executives,
- Demonstrated ability to understand business process needs and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software, and
- An innate ability to interact with the customer spontaneously and intelligently.
Desired areas of technical expertise:
- Familiarity with cloud computing and IaaS, PaaS and/or SaaS industry trends
- Knowledge of major public cloud provider offerings, with some proficiency in at least one of the following (IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Java language fundamentals (interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, threading)
- Current web technologies and related frameworks (HTML5, CSS3, JS, React)
- Databases (SQL, transactions, isolation levels, relational and non-relational systems))
- Security fundamentals (authentication, authorization, cloud factors)
- Computational complexity (orders-of-growth, basic algorithms)
- Source control and build frameworks (Git, Gradle, CI/CD systems)
- Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Software testing and test frameworks
- Integration mechanisms (messaging systems, SOAP and RESTful services)
- 55 - 65% travel is required for Technical Sales Consultants, with some week-to-week variance
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Back to top