Skilled at teaching others how to best utilize programming techniques effectively?
Love helping others master leading-edge technology so they can be successful in their role?
We need an experienced Instructional Designer who is passionate about learning and adept at mastering new technology, including our Guidewire products, and supporting partner technologies. You will use your knowledge and skills to design and deliver engaging technical training content to support rapid-release product launches for industry-leading enterprise software.
The Education Services team is growing to keep pace with Guidewire’s digital transformation. We design, develop, and deliver engaging training content that teaches our customers, partners, employees, and third parties how to implement and integrate our highly configurable products. We build certifications that validate competency to improve implementation efficiency and quality. Our training is often the first time the customer’s project team sees the Guidewire products they will be implementing. Your work will help elevate their first impression of Guidewire, our products, and the value they unlock. More importantly, you will help learners deepen their knowledge, improve their competency, and increase their confidence with Guidewire products. To learn more about Guidewire Education, visit us at education.guidewire.com.
In this role, you will craft compelling learning content including reviewing and refining scripts and storyboards and lead engaging instructor-led sessions in virtual and eventually onsite engagements. You will stay current on your Guidewire certifications, mastering the latest features, tools, and methodology used during successful implementations. You will build product demonstration videos to support e-learning. You will share instructional best practices and insights from your experience.
- Gather and analyze learning requirements
- Deliver instructor-led sessions in virtual and onsite settings
- Design, develop, evaluate, and maintain courseware and class development environments
- Contribute to improve team processes and standards
- Willingness to teach your materials to up to 20 learners, particularly early versions of the course that may not be fully complete
- Identify defects in the learning materials to foster continuous improvement
- Reply to questions posted by self-study learners in online forums
- Support internal initiatives to improve our team and training content
- 5+ years of experience teaching adult learners in onsite and virtual settings
- 5+ years of Object oriented programming
- 5+ years experience with single-page applications and using libraries such as React
- Prior experience delivering training to software developers
- High technical aptitude with a proven ability to quickly grasp technical concepts
- Comfortable presenting complex ideas in simple ways to a diverse learner audience
- Ability to troubleshoot issues on the spot to enable students to complete lab exercises
- Experience working with agile/scrum project methodologies
- Effective at coaching learners as needed
- Demonstrated ability to delight customers, often in-person at their work location
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time (post-pandemic)
- Fluent in English
- Business proficiency in Spanish, French, Italian, German, or Japanese
- 5+ years of property and casualty (P&C) insurance industry knowledge, ideally with experience deploying new product lines
- Experience writing moderately complex SQL queries with SQL Server, ORACLE, MySQL or other RDBMS
- Knowledge of relational databases
- XML-based software configuration
- Experience documenting microservices
- Experience with modern software IDEs, including basic debugging tools
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts, ideally with some experience in database design in a business application environment
- Knowledge of XML, how its structure is controlled, and the tools used to generate and parse XML documents
- Knowledge of Java, or C#, or similar object-oriented language.
- Knowledge of Guidewire products
- Packaged software implementations in a developer or architect role
- Cloud infrastructure/AWS knowledge
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.