Technical Content Designer
- Toronto, Canada
Do you love helping others master leading-edge technologies? Are you skilled at designing and building content that explains complex concepts in simple, engaging ways?
Guidewire needs an experienced Content Designer who is passionate about learning and adept at mastering new technology, including our Guidewire products and supporting partner technologies. You will use your technical expertise and experience to craft and develop engaging technical training content to support rapid-release product launches for industry-leading enterprise software.
In this role, you will collaborate with your colleagues in Education Services, as well as product development, product management, and field consultants (SMEs), to inject context and value into our training materials. You will design training activities and lab exercises that reinforce skills and make training “stickier”. You will build product demonstration videos to support e-learning. You have an eye for detail but know how to avoid gold-plating. These skills help you iterate and elevate what you do with each new release. Ultimately, you love crafting technical training that helps learners learn – quickly, creatively, and competently.
The Education Services team is growing to keep pace with Guidewire’s digital transformation. We design, develop, and maintain content that teaches our customers, partners, employees, and third parties how to implement and integrate our highly configurable products. We build certifications that validate proficiency to improve implementation efficiency and quality. Our training is often the first time the customer’s project team sees the Guidewire products that they will be implementing. Your work will help elevate their first impression of Guidewire, our products, and the value they unlock. More importantly, your content will help learners deepen their knowledge, improve their proficiency, and increase their confidence with Guidewire products. To learn more about Guidewire Education, visit us at education.guidewire.com.
- Design, develop, and maintain single-source training content for varied delivery approaches, including ILT, e-learning, and exams
- Prioritize learning objectives to deliver the most critical content shortly after the product release date
- Build lab exercises, virtual machine environments, and training data to support hands-on learning
- Test and troubleshoot issues related to learning content
- Capture and analyze learning requirements for key personas
- Design course strategy, build storyboards, and lead job task analysis (JTA) sessions (portfolio required)
- Willing to teach up to 20 learners, particularly early versions of your content that may not be fully completed
- Demonstrated skills in technical troubleshooting, problem solving, and taking initiative to drive projects to completion
- Experience driving and shaping course strategy and design activities including story boarding and job-task analysis (JTA)
- Experience using Articulate 360, Camtasia, uPerform, or similar e-learning development tools
- Mastery of tools, principles and best practices for developing technical training course materials
- Able to develop engaging graphic-based content that goes beyond simple bullet point lists
Candidates include link or portfolio attachment
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top