Technical Consultant, Java, SQL – French or German Speaker, EMEA
- Madrid, Spain
Title: Technical Consultant (Java/SQL) - French or German Speaker
Department: Professional Services
Location: Madrid with regular travel to customer sites in Europe
Within our Professional Services department, we have a small, highly-skilled team of Technical Consultants. They’re real subject matter experts, and their role is to work together with our customers’ internal teams and partners to address their needs, becoming a trusted technical advisor and a specialist to our client. We’re looking for more Technical Consultants to join this outstanding group of specialists.
This team is a huge part of our unparalleled implementation record, with 1,000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry.
Cool! And What Does It Involve?
As a Technical Consultant, you’ll be part of the design, development, and testing of various technical initiatives during a customer assignment. You’ll help ensure that an appropriate standard of quality is maintained in all integration code and assist with the definition and deployment of test cases. As a Technical Consultant, you be a mentor to customer integration team members and participate in knowledge transfer activities.
If there are multiple Technical Consultants assigned to a project, one will be designated as the Technical Lead. So you’ll get the chance to step up and lead your peers, too.
What Are The Role Requirements?
- You’ll need to be proficient in French or German, as well as English.
- You need to have good client-facing skills and like working onsite.
- You’ll need to work hands-on as a Developer
- JAVA, J2EE, JMS, JDBC are required - we’ll test this as part of the selection process
- Be prepared to write and review code, providing recommendations to customers and partners
- You’ll need enterprise software product implementation experience within sophisticated, enterprise environments
- You should be able to understand the concepts of relational databases
- Bring your strong OO design, development and test skills with proven patterns knowledge, outstanding documentation skills, and the ability to communicate your thought process
- You’ll need to lead and collaborate across multi-functional teams on complex large-scale projects
- Take full responsibility for the definition, documentation, and successful completion of sophisticated projects, ensuring that realistic project, quality, change control, dependencies, and risk management processes are maintained
- Be seen as the trusted advisor: collaborates with customers, partners, and colleagues to understand and address sophisticated technical problems
- Take ownership for understanding customer requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis, and problem resolution
- Take technical responsibility for all stages in the software development process including both configuration and integration of our products
- Be confident coaching and mentoring other team members as necessary on tools and methodology
- Have experience in AGILE methodology
- Possess curiosity based on a genuine love of technology and solving tough technical problems
- Ensure customer success through collaboration on-site. To accomplish that we employ a flexible travel schedule of travelling to the customer on Mondays to return on Thursday, which has been called the 3-4-5 in the industry: 3 nights away, 4 days onsite, with the fifth day working from home. We have a Global Mobility team to ensure you have the right support.
Sounds Good… Now Tell Me About Guidewire!
- Guidewire is an awesome place. We make software for the Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance, so companies can take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s at a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks. We build the core applications used to sell and underwrite policies, settle claims, and bill customers. We also have a portfolio of innovative products in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve hundreds of insurance providers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business.
- We’re proud to be voted a Top Cloud Employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry specialists like Gartner. We have a lively work environment and a culture that lives by our core values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality.
Awesome - So What’s Next?
At Guidewire, we’re always on the lookout for our next adventure.
Our people dig deeper to find the answers. They stand together to build diverse, incredible solutions. They stay imaginative, continuously developing and growing. And they leap further, exploring the limits of the possible with excitement and appetite for more.
Then join us now, and navigate what’s next.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top