Technical Consultant - Japan
Technical Consultant – Japan Guidewire Software
Description/Scope of Work
Guidewire is growing our professional services team based on strong client demand. We have an immediate need for a Senior Technical Integration Consultant based in Japan who can work on-site implementing the product for property and casualty insurance carriers.
The ideal Technical Consultant has expertise in developing and testing software in a multi-tier web application environment and experience with Scrum or other Agile PM methodologies.
- Learn and master Guidewire’s Claim Center product in order to perform technical consulting and become certified.
- Use JAVA to integrate and configure our software at insurance carriers throughout Japan.
- Test applications based on project demands.
- Consult with insurance carrier technical resources to qualify technical and business requirements.
- Become well-versed in insurance industry technical solutions as well as Java expertise.
Customer Focus/Team Work:
- Ability to work with a variety of customers from different departments in large and small groups.
- Dedication to delivering exceptional results.
- Strong personal initiative and ability to personally execute with minimal oversight.
- Cross functional skills and experience working on small teams.
- If Japanese is a second language, ability to speak Japanese at JLPT 2 or above level.
- If Japanese is a second language, practical knowledge of business environment and Japanese market challenges. Demonstrated track record of good relationship building in Japan.
- If English is a second language, demonstrated fluency in English language skills by TOEIC (Test of English for International Communications) – score of 800 – 900 or iBT – 93 or TOEFL scores 600 PBT, 250 CBT, or 100 iBT. in the absence of a testing benchmark, ability to pass language assessment during selection process;
Technical Consultants are expected to spend the majority of their time on site with the client's business and technical teams. Guidewire employs a flexible travel model that requires consultants to be on site four days per week and away from home three nights per week. Consultants work the fifth day from their home office. These roles represent Guidewire Software to our customer. The position requires a unique blend of technical expertise, design skills, programming skills, and customer-facing skills.
All technical consultants are required to have integration programming skills and a proven track record of working on demanding software projects to be accepted as a Technical Integration Consultants. Required skills/experience - all:
- 3 + years programming experience web technologies such as PHP, Ruby, or others; and / or experience in legacy application development; JAVA preferred
- Experience in engineering business process flows for application implementation;
- Experience in full-lifecycle software implementation projects;
- Experience developing technical specifications and implementing those specifications through a combination of custom programming and product configuration;
- Demonstrated ability to design, program, test, and deploy complicated integration software;
- Professional consulting experience or equivalent insurance business experience (minimum of 3 years for Sr. Technical Consultant); Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work including a strong desire to learn a new product and a new business domain.
- Background as an Analyst or Technical Consultant working with Fortune 500 customers;
- Prior business process and configuration experience with configurable software such as Peoplesoft, Siebel, or SAP;
- Experience with n-tier web architected solutions;
- Knowledge of policy, billing, or claim processes within an insurance company;
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile development methodologies;
Guidewire has been chosen by more than 176 property & casualty insurance carriers and lines of business as a trusted software vendor and solution provider. We believe it is due to our modern architecture as the first comprehensive, integrated platform for insurance operations built on a state-of-the-art technology. Guidewire has been the #1 claims system in North America since 2003 with more selections than any competitor among carriers of any size. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo and now Hong Kong. Guidewire is publicly traded on NYSE under the symbol: GWRE.
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top