Technical Consultant - 80% Travel, North America
Professional Services, AMER
Location: Remote USA. You have flexibility to choose where you are located and work on complex enterprise software implementation/integration projects on customer site.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
The Professional Services Organisation:
We deploy small, highly-skilled team of functional and technical consultants/experts. We send a small team of Subject Matter Experts who work in tandem with the insurance company’s internal team, and partners, to address their needs, and become a trusted technical advisor and mentor. Our software is incredibly complex and well-tested – over 2,000 person years’ invested in our products so far.
Customer Success through collaboration on-site. To accomplish that we employ a flexible travel schedule of traveling to the customer on Mondays to return on Thursday which has been called the 3-4-5 in the industry: 3 nights away, 4 days onsite, with the fifth day working from home.
To be considered you should have a combination of experience in the following:
- Enterprise software product implementation experience within complex, enterprise environments.
- Leading and collaborating across multi-functional teams on complex large-scale projects
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation, and successful completion of complex projects, ensuring that realistic project, quality, change control, dependencies, and risk management processes are maintained
- Manages established contracts with customers and partners, helping negotiate adjustments as needed
- Understands the internal dynamics of customers and partners to facilitate project plans and execution
- Seen as the trusted advisor: collaborates with customers, partners, and colleagues to understand and address complex business problems
- Program/Stakeholder communication. Implements a communications strategy to address a variety of needs
- Takes responsibility for understanding customer requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis, and problem resolution
- Strong OO design, development and test skills with proven patterns knowledge, exceptional documentation skills, and the ability to communicate your thought process
- JAVA, J2EE, JMS, JDBC OR C#, .NET experience – we do facilitate a technical test as part of the selection process
- Experience in AGILE project management
- Interest and experience in a customer facing role and on-site
- Curiosity based on genuine love of technology and solving tough technical problems
Benefits: We know that people work based on incentives so we have an exceptional and rational compensation policy. We pay base, performance incentives, and stock, as well as a number of other benefits such as 401K and healthcare and promote flexible working practices to strive for a work-life balance. See and hear from our employees at: careers.guidewire.com and read about our core values of integrity, rationality and collegiality in everything that we do.
For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com. Follow us on twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
Keywords: Consulting, Consultant, Architect, Java, C#, XML, ERP, CRM, JMS, JDBC, Gosu, Configuration, Integration, Insurance, Software Engineer, Solution Architect, Development, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, DACH, Poland, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Ireland
Back to top