Technical Accounting Manager - Foster City, CA
Technical Accounting and Finance Policy Manager
- Primary technical accounting resource for the company, requiring proficiency in a broad set of technical accounting topics and in-depth knowledge of accounting principles surrounding business combinations, investments, software capitalization, and principal vs. agent considerations. Experience with technical research and preparation of accounting memorandums.
- Evaluate the accounting consequences of potential transactions and present guidance throughout all levels and functions of the organization. Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel.
- Directly manage third-party valuation experts, consultants, and staff supporting non-routine transactions. Responsible for management of scope, timing, resources, and overall execution of project plan.
- Provide a broad scope of support pertaining to the mergers and acquisitions cycle, including pre-deal diligence, purchase price accounting, internal control execution, and integration planning.
- Directly responsible for preparing journal entries and account reconciliations and analyses of all equity accounts, and stock-based compensation, consistent with ASC 718 (FAS 123R) on a monthly basis.
- Partner with policy and process owners to develop new finance policies, transform existing processes, facilitate approval, field policy interpretation inquiries, and ensure compliance with the Company’s finance policy governance framework.
- Lead the cross functional transition to guidance outlined in ASC 842 which becomes effective for the Company in August 2019.
- Ensure compliance with SEC and GAAP requirements including, but not limited to, the evaluation and implementation stages of recent and proposed accounting pronouncements.
- Prepare materiality analyses pertaining to, both, matters arising as part of quarterly reviews and annual audits, as well as ad hoc analyses for forward looking policy elections.
- Assist with SEC & other filings related to acquisitions including 1933 Act filings and Form 8-Ks, as applicable, including the preparation of certain equity disclosures and pro forma financial information.
- Assist with the preparation of data and other supporting information for various groups within Finance.
- Ideal candidate excels in technical research, business partnering, and is a free-form problem solver. A dynamic individual with strong analytical and problem resolution skills, including the ability simplify complex accounting matters into concise business implications.
- Must be detail-oriented, have a proactive approach, and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Minimum of 5 years of public accounting experience required with a mix of industry being a plus;
- Requires a BA/BS in Finance / Accounting; CPA required
- In depth understanding of ASC 805 Business combinations with practical application being a plus
- Overall understanding and experience in application of GAAP and SEC/financial reporting requirements including financial statements and financial statement footnotes
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines
Back to top