We are seeking a proactive and result-oriented Technical Lead Engineer to join our product development team and work on building high-quality software and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day.
You will have the chance to create an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products as we are serving more than 350 companies in 32 countries.
Are you a curious and enthusiastic software engineer? Do you enjoy learning about and deploying applications to the cloud? Are you interested in helping shape contributing to our new Cloud products? If so, we would like to meet you!
You will join the Market Integration & Delivery team, working on products and solutions that enable in-market authorities, regulatory bodies, institutions, third parties, partners and insurers to more readily integrate their insurance processes and 3rd party services to the full suite of Guidewire Software Products.
You will play a meaningful role in the design and development of components, applications, and tools for Guidewire Cloud, our next generation, cloud-native Insurance Platform. You will work in a highly collaborative environment in agile, cross-functional teams. Teamwork is very important to us, so we are looking for engineers who are open to share their knowledge, listen to their peers, paying also attention to details and quality and work together to resolve sophisticated problems.
· Design, code, test, and do code reviews. Our stack is Java, React, REST API’s, Spring Boot, and AWS. We work in both microservices and monolith architecture.
· Comfortable working in a rapidly changing agile environment.
· Be accountable for product delivery
· Be a technical leader on features while driving communication between the Product Manager and the team
· Be able to make a determination between different opinions about the technical subject matter
· Clear up the requirements with the Product Manager and other leaders in the organization to make them concrete.
· Mentor the team, encourage them to provide feedback on processes, while delegating and empowering them
· Coordinate with other Pods and functions line such as UX/Docs
· Adopt and/or implements processes as needed for the team’s success.
· Show guidance on performance evaluations
· Identifying the strength and weaknesses of the team members
Key qualifications include:
· Proven experience managing a team of software engineers
· Working experience with Core Java, Springboot, OOD using SOLID and Hexagonal design principles
· Hands-on expertise with CI/CD, Unit/Integration Testing, designing REST APIs, etc
· Working with microservices architecture and containers, while building secure software and having knowledge of security practices.
· 3+ years of Experience working with Open Source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, jBPM, and others.
· You'll need to have some expertise with Cloud Services (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure)
· Strong understanding of relational database persistence (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
· Experience working in an agile and fast-paced development environment (e.g. TDD, BDD, Agile, pair programming, etc.)
· Academic background in Computer Science or equivalent
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.