Sr. Manager, Customer Stories - Foster City, CA or Remote
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Customer Stories
Location: Foster City, CA, or Remote United States
Would you like to be part of a fast-growing, highly successful and innovative team that acts like a startup but is backed by the most adopted technology platform of the $2T Global P&C Insurance industry? Would you like to develop a well-rounded set of skills across business and technology that positions you well to take on a leadership position at Guidewire or the Insurance industry as your next step?
Go To Market Delivery (GTMD) is a specialized function within Guidewire that serves as a competitive advantage for the company. Within GTM, the Product Marketing team serves to ensure that Guidewire puts its best fit for forward. GTMD is seeking a Sr. Manager, Customer Stories to join the product marketing team. This person will drive the success of the Customer Story program along with managing other programs spanning the InsurancePlatform. Customer success stories are critical for maintaining perspective, refining our best practices, and communicating value to the marketplace.
The Sr. Manager, Customer Stories programmatically sources, writes, and promotes customer success stories using both traditional tools like PowerPoint presentations, marketing collateral, and infographics as well as newer approaches like whiteboards, Prezi, social, etc. This role will also be responsible for empowering other product marketers to help build and execute on the customer story pipeline.
We are looking for someone who can uncover the key elements of the story spanning the entire InsurancePlatform, execute strong written copy and visual communications, as well as bring it to life through all aspects of the design and creative process. The successful candidate will be able to envision and define the core narrative, align it with the spirit and terminology of our industry, and bring creative ideas and a distinct point of view that is consistent with the Guidewire brand.
He or she will understand customer priorities, the functional foundation of Guidewire products, and recognize the level at which products or processes are being employed. The successful candidate will also be able to quantify the value created by our solutions. This individual will network broadly across Guidewire,
- Execute and refine a program for capturing customer stories throughout the phases of customer engagement, from sale and early adoption to go-live and beyond. This may include utilization of services and partner channels in addition to follow-ons of PR activities to secure customer permissions and work directly with customers to define the scope of onsite activities.
- Acquire a deep knowledge of our customer base, existing customer story content, mine and use that content to increase its effectiveness, and manage/catalog that content to increase use and adoption.
- Maintain a steady pipeline of customer stories across products and solutions, including from acquired companies, and work with product marketing and other groups to create and execute against strategic objectives.
- Use market research tools to understand Guidewire’s evolving customer base at a macro level. Assess opportunities and themes for story development and proactively work to build out stories that address those opportunities.
- Meet with customers to identify and document stories; source and use multiple sources of data to quantify value created by our solutions.
- Develop high quality material (presentations, white papers, web content, infographics, case studies, data sheets, blogs, videos and whiteboards) to support sales efforts, demand gen efforts, and outbound communication. New asset styles and assets customized for specific use cases are encouraged.
- Collaborate across Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Product Marketing, Sales Enablement, Product Management, and Value Consulting, to meet a common goal, manage cross-product programs, track progress, and create visibility across the greater organization.
- Measure and refine the program using a quantitative dashboard based on sales usage, sales needs, market desire.
- Juggle multiple projects while ensuring that best practices, quality, and brand are preserved and strengthened.
- Ideal candidate comes from a journalism, marketing, or consulting background with strong interview and writing skills
- Must have a proven ability to build relationships with individuals and teams that are peers, executives, internal customers, and Guidewire customers around the globe.
- Ability to engage in business consulting activities, and to “speak the language” of the customer whether in a business or technical role, including engaging with all levels of the customer organization – from C-levels to field team members.
- Objectivity and openness to others' views and continuously builds a positive culture, defaults to team work style and collaborative information sharing.
- Excellent skills and talent for communications in all forms and media - spoken, written, visual, presentations, websites, social media, video; formal and informal.
- Ability to create complex, brand-aligned presentations in a fast-paced workplace, operating independently on “end-to-end” content creation. Focus on creating templates and provide best practices to others.
- BA/BS with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- Strong team player with good time management, verbal and written communications skills. Good feel for when to adapt creative vision to meet project goals vs. advocating for an individual creative vision to effectively tell the story.
- Sense of humor, fun, and empathy for colleagues and customers are prized qualities in this team
This role is preferably located in the Foster City headquarters (though remote is acceptable for the right candidate) and require minimal 30% global travel
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top