Software Engineer (UI), InsuranceNow - San Jose, CA
InsuranceNow engineering at Guidewire has an exciting opportunity for you! You will play a significant role in re-design and development of User Interface for Guidewire’s InsuranceNow product, which is the core transactional system that provides comprehensive insurance business functionality. You will work in a highly collaborative environment in agile, cross-functional teams.
What you would do
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX designers and Architects for analyzing product User Interface requirements and usability improvement opportunities.
- Quickly convert mockups to demonstrable code, analyze engineering feasibility by doing designs and prototypes.
- Work with Architects and other engineers in designing, developing and implementing User Interfaces.
- Own Continuous Integration (CI) and Automated Testing pipelines for your work.
- Own, troubleshoot & resolve code defects
What you would need to succeed
- Experience in developing responsive applications with a good architecture and UI.
- Develop user interface that runs on all common desk web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Strong Experience in contributing to architecture, design and implementation of products
- Expert at writing unit tests and testable components.
- Experience building automation scripts and tools to support the CI &CD pipeline.
- Expert in design patterns and best coding practices.
- Experience working in an Agile work environment and knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Strong technical communication skills
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science) or equivalent
- An aptitude for continuous learning of new technologies that can be applied to improving the product.
- While UI experience and skills are essential for this position, someone who worked in the role of a full stack developer in the past, is given preference.
- Understanding of authentication, role-based access control (authorization) concepts that user interfaces tightly integrate to, is a plus.
The ideal candidate will share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire’s InsuranceNow is an all-in-one Cloud based platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our insurance customers’ business. Insurance Platform provides Core insurance business functions such as policy, claims, and billing management, and data analytics and reporting, as well as digital experience for customers. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Intermediate to Senior
Back to top