About the role
In this role, you will be expected to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve cloud based microservices that are part of the Guidewire Cloud Platform. You will work in a highly collaborative environment, in an agile and cross-functional team of 5 developers. You will cooperate closely with teams located in Kraków, California and Dublin.
What we're looking for
- Proficiency in Java
- Strong familiarity with Object-Oriented Design and programming best-practices
- Experience developing and deploying production REST APIs
- Experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Solid understanding of concepts surrounding microservices architecture
- Great understanding of CI/CD and DevOps tools
Nice to have
- Experience using public cloud providers, preferably AWS (EKS, DynamoDB, IAM, SQS, S3...)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code approach and configuration management, using tools like Terraform
- Experience in building platform software using Kubernetes, Docker and cloud native technologies
- Experience with Event-Driven Architecture
- Knowledge of other programming languages (e.g. Go, Kotlin)
What we offer
- Work on things that matter and have a real impact
- Great team and lots of opportunities to develop your skills
- Employment contract + Tax-deductible costs ("autorskie Koszty Uzyskania Przychodu")
- Compensation: Base Salary + Annual Bonus
- Professional equipment (you can choose between a new MacBook Pro 16" 32GB RAM or similar spec PC)
We have a fun work environment and a culture that lives by our core values: integrity, rationality, and collegiality.
Teams own all aspects of the software development lifecycle for their services (you build it - you run it)
We don't reinvent the wheel. If there's a product that fits our business need - we buy it.
Our teams are small, empowered, lean and collaborative.
Teamwork is very important to us so we are looking for engineers who are open to share their knowledge, listen to their peers, paying also attention to details and quality and work together to solve complex problems. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door.
We've built a strong culture, and we're looking for engineers who can help us maintain it.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.