Software Engineer - Guidewire Developer Ecosystem - Foster City, CA
Software Engineer - Guidewire Developer Ecosystem
Are you a strong Software engineer with a passion to solve interesting Enterprise Application Integration challenges? If so, the Guidewire Developer Ecosystem team has an exciting opportunity for you!
Guidewire is the market leader in property & casualty insurance software. We power the software that P&C insurers use to service their business. You are quite likely to be using our software already - if you have an auto insurance or a home owner’s insurance from one of the major insurance providers, our software is likely being used under the covers to manage your insurance!
Our customers, the insurance companies, will typically integrate Guidewire’s products with other vendors capabilities such as document signage, check generation, financial systems, etc. to deliver value to their customers – you. We are now bringing this vibrant community of our partners together in the Guidewire Marketplace and providing them with the requisite tools to develop the apps that seamlessly work with our products. The developer ecosystem and the marketplace is defining the standard for the P&C insurance market, and will become the one-stop shop for any P&C insurance company looking for a solution to fulfill their needs.
As a Software Engineer for Guidewire’s Developer Ecosystem, you will be responsible for the technical implementation of the ecosystem – the tools for partners to develop apps that work with Guidewire’s products, and how it fits in with our marketplace. Apart from being highly technical, you should be able to play a lead role in code delivery and provide hands-on delivery guidance. The exact level and title of this position will be based on your experience.
- Design and develop the Developer Ecosystem platform
- Own, troubleshoot & resolve defects
- Improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of tools
- Lead the team through multi-phased projects delivery and provide hands-on delivery guidance
What you would need to succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- At least 5+ years demonstrated expertise designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise-grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements preferably in Java
- Experience with Application Integrations
- Passion for improving the developer experience via friendly, well-behaved API’s
- Experience building REST Service, Web services
- Works well independently, but also is a team player
- Able to mentor more junior team members, as needed
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Insurance industry knowledge and experience is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and big data technologies
Intermediate to Senior
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top