Software Engineer Front - End – Dublin, Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
Software Engineer Front-End – Dublin, Ireland
We are looking for a proactive and result-focused Software Engineer to join our product development team and work on building high-quality software and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day. You will contribute to a sophisticated application suite of products as we are serving more than 350 companies in 32 countries.
Are you a curious and hardworking software engineer? Are you interested in helping shape & contributing to our new Cloud products? If so, we would like to meet you!
You will play a meaningful role in the design and development of micro-services, components, and tools for Guidewire Cloud, our next generation, cloud-native Insurance Platform. Guidewire Cloud is targeted to be an outstanding solution to serve the changing world of P&C Insurance. You will work in a highly collaborative environment in agile, cross-functional teams. Teamwork is very important to us, so we are seeking someone who is open to sharing their knowledge, listen to their peers, paying also attention to details and quality, and work together to tackle sophisticated problems.
You will attend training from day one, learning about our solutions and the business side, as every day can be different, from development to deployment, quarterly planning, and daily standups.
- Develop and run micro-services, components & tools
- Do test-driven development and ensure high confidence in any code you develop
- Together with the team, drive scalability, availability and data security
- Deploy containerized and cloud-native applications to the cloud
- Help develop Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Own, fix & resolve code defects
What you would need to succeed:
- Emphasize team wins over individual success
- Clean code practices and excellent technical communication skills
- Interest in software / architectural design principles
- Understand REST API for data interchange
- Good to have cloud knowledge - cloud microservices and serverless (AWS or similar)
- Ability to work in an agile fast-paced environment
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science or Maths)
Bonus to know:
- Proven understanding of AWS, Spring Boot, Kubernetes
- Experience with accessibility (A11y) and internationalization (i18n) best practices
- Experience with any of TeamCity / Jenkins / GoCD
- Startup experience
We celebrate what makes us different while sharing the belief in our core values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. We strive to build an environment where every voice counts and everyone can make an impact, both on our company and the industry we serve.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top