Software Engineer, DevOps
- Krakow, Poland
Do you see value in the detail? Can you dig deep to master complex projects? We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our development team in Krakow. You’ll work alongside specialists at the top of their game, who share a curiosity and dedication to improving the experience for millions of people who use our products every day.
Driven by integrity and motivated by the collective challenge.
At Guidewire, we're changing the face of insurance. Developing and delivering technology that's crafting the future of the property and casualty industry. We're a distributed team of more than 2,400 working at scale and speed across a 500-million-dollar platform that gives insurers the tools they need to take care of their customers. Individually mastering our craft, to collectively empower millions.
Guidewire Cloud Platform
We are the team responsible for building Guidewire Cloud PaaS called Atmos. This means coding and testing various Kubernetes and AWS resources and services that align with Security and Network requirements. We also cooperate with teams that use the infrastructure self-service in order to validate our designs and make sure that we deliver the right features in a cost-effective way. Production scripts are written mainly in Terraform and Bash, tests use Bash and Terratest/Go.
Become your best.
- We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who is ready to push for excellence. You'll be part of a small, multi-functional team tasked with taking our sophisticated suite of products to the next level.
- Most of our team have a Computer Science degree or similar
- Know how to build platform software using Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud-native technologies
- Strong experience in using public cloud providers, preferably AWS
- Good understanding of the network paradigms and stacks available
- Comfortable with Linux system administration and using Go, Python, Java or equivalent
- Experience in writing automation scripts using Bash
- Have Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience in designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- An analytical approach and attitude with the ability to get things done
- Need to be a teammate having good interpersonal skills
- Not afraid to propose and to implement changes
But it'll take more than technical skills and qualifications to make the grade here. You'll need a real appetite for a challenge, a will to keep learning and grow with your team, and the drive to innovate.
Let’s make an impact.
At a time of rapid industry change, we're evolving to make sure we deliver the best systems and services for every customer. It's an exciting time to join us as we push ourselves, our business, and the sector forward. There are lots to learn and you'll be given opportunities to grow with us and have a genuine impact, inspired by those around you.
Become the best you can be. Join us, apply now.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top