- Krakow, Poland
Software Engineer – Krakow, Poland
Do you understand the power of persistence? Are you ready to get better every day? We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our development team in Krakow. You’ll play a key role in building products that improve the experience of millions of Guidewire customers worldwide. Working in a team of specialists who have a shared commitment to push further and achieve more.
Driven by integrity and motivated by the collective challenge.
At Guidewire, we're changing the face of insurance. Developing and delivering technology that's crafting the future of the property and casualty industry. We're a global team of more than 2,400 working at scale and speed across a 500-million-dollar platform that gives insurers the tools they need to take care of their customers. Individually mastering our craft, to collectively empower millions.
Guidewire Cloud Console
We’re the team responsible for building the Guidewire Cloud Console. This means providing a tool set for our customers to build and deploy Guidewire Insurance Platform solutions to Guidewire Cloud –much like deploying applications on AWS. In fact, under the hood, the console is built on AWS with the support of Kubernetes and Terraform. We write components for the Cloud Console as autonomous services using primarily Java stack (Java 11 and Spring Boot backed by AWS-native services). Teams own all aspects of the software development life cycle for their services: architecture, code, quality assurance, and deployment/upgrade strategies.
Our team builds microservices on a Java stack running on Kubernetes in AWS. The services will manage and store mission-critical configuration and reference data for our customers, providing consumer-quality interfaces so that customers can rapidly configure Guidewire applications. The team works on all aspects of providing a complete, reliable, and high-quality service, which includes crafting tests, configuring infrastructure (e.g., CICD), creating UIs, documenting APIs, and building client integrations.
Push for perfection.
- We want a Software Engineer who doesn’t believe in good enough. You’ll join a multi-functional team who creatively find solutions to make our sophisticated suite of products even better.
- For this role, you'll need a passionate focus on code quality and the tenacity to constantly improve our Agile process.
- You’ll need to experience building outstanding n-tier web applications using technologies such as Java EE, Servlets, Spring and Hibernate.
- And you’ll need to have worked with enterprise software systems development, including relational database systems (JDBC, ORM, data modelling and design), software architecture, system integration (messaging, web services, SOA), and web UI.
- Knowledge of Cloud Services is a bonus, the skills to write unit tests and testable components are a must.
- Most of our team have a Computer Science degree or equivalent, but you’ll need more than qualifications to thrive here. You’ll face new sophisticated challenges every day and will need a real appetite to learn – from ongoing training and the team around you. Teamwork is important at Guidewire, so you’ll need to be ready to share knowledge and open to feedback.
Let’s make an impact.
At a time of rapid industry change, we're evolving to make sure we deliver the best systems and services for every customer. It's an exciting time to join us as we push ourselves, our business and the sector forward. There are lots to learn and you'll be given opportunities to grow with us and have a genuine impact, inspired by those around you.
Become the best you can be. Join us, apply now.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top