Guidewire's professional services team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented software developer graduate to join the team.
What we do?
We build innovative solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better. We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer who is passionate about building high quality software working with a great team and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with some of the largest insurance companies all over the world. We work in lean, empowered, and collaborative teams that communicate daily with our customers and allow us to focus on solving complex technical challenges. You'll work alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door. We have a strong culture and a reputation for technical excellence within the industry and are looking for skilled, motivated graduates to help grow this.
Successful consultant developers at Guidewire typically have:
- Passionate about solving complex technical problems and working with some of the biggest financial services companies across the world
- Focus on writing good quality code that follows industry standard best practice
- Interest in talking to customers and working in a role that values communication and presentation skills highly
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
What are we looking for?
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third level institution
- Some Software development lifecycle exposure (Agile) preferred
- Understanding of programming languages and grounding in Java, C# or C++
- Some familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc.
- Awareness of Object-Oriented Design principles
- Awareness of Web services (e.g. REST, etc.), Cloud Services (e.g. AWS)
- Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
- Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
- Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
The ideal candidate will share and be delighted by our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.