Software Consultant Java Developer (CAPS) - Madrid, Spain
- Madrid, Spain
Title: Junior Java Developer Consultant (CAPS)
Department: Professional Services
What’s The Role?
Guidewire's Cloud Assurance team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented graduate software developer, based in our Madrid office, to join a growing global team at the forefront of Guidewire’s move to the cloud.
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly sophisticated, mission-critical to the business, difficult to get right, and a lot of fun to work on. We provide a Guidewire Cloud platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which provides our customers with the freedom to accelerate their business, and an ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 300 customers in more than 50 countries.
Cool! And What Does It Involve?
We are looking for an enthusiastic graduate technical consultant who is passionate about building high-quality software and ensuring success for our new and existing Guidewire Cloud customers. The Cloud Assurance team works with Guidewire Cloud customers to develop new features, resolve issues, and assure the quality of each customer’s production codebase.
You’ll get the chance to work directly with some of the largest insurance companies all over the world. We work in lean, empowered, and collaborative teams that communicate daily with our customers, letting us focus on solving sophisticated technical challenges. You'll work alongside and learn from intelligent colleagues who will provide mentoring and guidance to develop your technical and non-technical skills. We have a strong culture and a reputation for technical excellence within the industry, and we’re looking for a skilled and motivated graduate software developer to help grow this.
What Are The Role Requirements?
- You’ll need to be passionate about solving complex technical problems and working with some of the biggest financial services companies across the world
- Be passionate about advocating and writing good quality code that follows industry standard methodology
- Have an interest in talking to customers and working in a role that values communication and presentation skills highly
- Bring curiosity, and the internal motivation to constantly improve
- Be a confident communicator, with the comfort speak your mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet have humility and hunger to learn from others
- You’ll need a BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from a third level institution
- Bring some Software development lifecycle exposure (Agile) preferred
- Have an understanding of programming languages and grounding in Java, C# or C++
- You need some familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc.
- Have awareness of Object-Oriented Design principles
- You’ll also need awareness of Web services (e.g. REST, etc.), Cloud Services (e.g. AWS)
Sounds Good… Now Tell Me About Guidewire!
- Guidewire is an awesome place. We make software for the Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance, so companies can take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s at a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks. We build the core applications used to sell and underwrite policies, settle claims, and bill customers. We also have a portfolio of innovative products in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve hundreds of insurance providers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business.
- We’re proud to be voted a Top Cloud Employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We have a fun work environment and a culture that lives by our core values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality.
Awesome - So What’s Next?
At Guidewire, we’re always on the lookout for our next adventure.
Our people dig deeper to find the answers. They stand together to create diverse, incredible solutions. They stay clever, continuously developing and growing. And they leap further, exploring the limits of the possible with excitement and hunger for more.
Then join us now, and navigate what’s next.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Back to top