Software Architect - Cloud Data Platform, Remote, USA
- San Mateo, CA
Are you passionate about building internet-scale multi-tenant cloud native data platforms? Do you have prior experience in building data platform / data lake and analytics SaaS services in public cloud with expertise in modern Big Data stack (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Hive ..), Java and/or Scala. Come join our Data platform and Analytics team. This team owns, builds, and operates Guidewire’s cloud native data platform and analytics SaaS offerings. Guidewire data platform is an enterprise-grade, internet-scale, and cloud-native Big Data platform targeted to be best-in-class in enabling our customers with mission critical insights and decision-making capabilities. The platform is designed to support all of our analytics, data science, and data applications. Guidewire’s data platform already processes Billions of real-time data to provide rich set of AI/ML SaaS solutions! You will work in a highly collaborative environment building next-generation platforms and services using the latest and greatest cutting-edge & bleeding-edge technologies. You will have fun building cloud-native, enterprise-grade, and internet-scale platforms and SaaS applications
We offer relocation assistance
- Extensive experience with Big Data and distributed systems
- Ability to design large scale distributed systems
- Prior experience in building data platforms using Big Data stack (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Hive ..) on public cloud
- Excellent programming skills in Java and/or Scala
- Experience with stream processing using Spark or Flink
- Understanding of distributed systems concepts and principles (consistency and availability, liveness and safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms)
- Deep understanding of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Performance Optimization Techniques
- Eager to learn new things and passionate about technology!
- Comfortable working with Kubernetes, AWS, Docker, and Terraform.
What you would do
- Design cloud-native data platform and analytics SaaS services
- Own architecture and provide technical leadership to multiple teams
- Hands-on coding>30% of the time
- Design and build large scale real-time stream processing systems
- Design and develop micro-services and analytics SaaS solutions
- Own scalability, availability, and data security
- Own, tackle & resolve code defects
- Mentor junior developers in standards and best practices!
What you would need to succeed
- Extensive experience working on a public cloud-like AWS
- Prior experience and passion for building large scale multi-tenant cloud-native data platform
- Emphasize team wins over individual success
- Strong technical interpersonal skills
- Excellent software development skills in one or more of the following languages: Java/Scala
- Extensive experience with Big Data and distributed systems.
- Expertise in Spark or Flink, Kafka, and Hadoop ecosystem
- Ability to design large scale distributed systems
- Have developed in more than one language and ready to pivot to any language/framework
- Understand microservices architecture patterns pattern like Service Discovery/API Gateway/Domain Driven Design etc
- Experience with containers technology
- Ability to work in an agile fast-paced environment
- BS or MS degree (Computer Science or Math)
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- AWS (EMR, S3, Glue, Kinesis)
- Experience in building SaaS/PaaS on AWS/GCP/Azure.
Our employee culture…
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Back to top