Snr Software Engineer Java – Dublin, Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
Guidewire's development team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Senior Software Engineer to build sophisticated solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better.
You will have the chance to create an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products that generate over 500 million dollars of revenue annually, mission-critical to 100+ enterprises serving more than a million users. Our software supports significant data volumes and heavy server load. Our platform includes a cluster-safe persistence layer, inter-application messaging architecture, an MVC Web layer, and a lot more
- You will be responsible for building the tools that help manage our cloud deployments.
- Be hands-on in designing and writing code while working in a small, multi-functional team
- Maintain and promote a healthy codebase and ensure high quality of products
- Provide technical design and leadership of features from inception to release
- Mentor less experienced engineers and be comfortable to speak your mind and effectively communicate your ideas
- Collaborate with different partners while leading features (e.g. Architects, PMs, PgMs, UX)
What we are looking for:
- Previous DevOps experience is a bonus
- We care most about your critical thinking skills and technical talent, however prior experience with a majority of the following is desirable:
- Hands-on experience with Core Java
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit/Integration Testing, etc
- Experience with microservices architecture and containers
- Experience building secure software and knowledge of security practices
- Object-Oriented Design using proven design principles
- Experience working with OpenSource frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, and others
- Strong understanding of database persistence (e.g., MySQL, NoSQL, SQL, Oracle)
- Experience working in an agile and fast-paced development environment (e.g., TDD, BDD, Agile, pair programming, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cloud Services (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Academic background in Computer Science orequivalent
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience designing REST APIs
At Guidewire, our teams:
- Are lean, empowered, and collaborative
- Have the disposition to experiment with new technologies and process outside of the domain
What happens when I apply?
- First, apply for the role. We will then set a quick intro call, so we can share extra info on the role and answer your questions. Next, we will send some coding exercises to complete at home, followed by a technical interview via videoconference. And finally, we will bring you on-site to meet the team.
- Competitive market Salary
- LTI (Long term cash Incentive)
- 26 annual leave days
- Health care Benefits
- 3 paid days volunteering and many more
#LI-AQ1 #PD_top_jobs in the JD in Lever
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top