Senior Value Consultant- EMEA Remote
Senior Value Consultant, EMEA Remote
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Value Consulting is a specialised department within Guidewire that focuses on helping customers to identify, communicate, and realise business value associated with their core system investments. The heart of Value Consulting is the delivery of brief, intense, client-facing pre-sale engagements that may include direct observation of a customer’s operations and processes, estimation/ calculation of the projected business benefits of implementing a new system, and presentation of results to key executive decision makers.
Our Senior Value Consultant role is responsible for coordinating and leading these 2-3 day engagements, managing the client and Guidewire personnel who participate in them, and delivering the final presentation. Due to the strategic nature of these efforts, the individual must be creative, analytical, and personable. He or she must:
- Quickly understand process issues and problems;
- Be an expert at active listening, gently directing conversations, and generating consensus;
- Be sensitive and responsive to the needs of the customer and the Guidewire sales representative;
- Credibly outline examples of value from Guidewire experience; and
- Present findings in a form that is both visually appealing and intellectually compelling.
In addition to leading Value Consulting engagements, responsibilities may include the following:
- Conduct early-stage conversations with potential customers to introduce Value Consulting concepts and methodology;
- Manage customer relationships through and beyond implementation, with a focus on building enduring partnerships;
- Promote Value Consulting externally via Guidewire marketing events and public conferences;
- Advocate for Guidewire’s value orientation internally, serving as a go-to resource for sales, marketing, professional services, and product management teams;
- Advance the state of the Value Consulting "art" (e.g. contribute to processes, tools, methodology, and organizational development); and
- Collaborate with and mentor Value Consulting Analysts.
This role will require 25% - 50% travel.
- 8+ years of experience in management consulting, value-led sales, or functional sales consulting, with a focus on uses/application of technology
- Exceptional executive presence, communication (both oral and written) skills, and presentation skills
- Comfortable leading large group discussions with senior stakeholders
- High analytical aptitude, with a capacity for impromptu mental arithmetic and the ability to translate strategic discussions into quantifiable opportunity
- Experience developing cost-benefit analyses for large enterprise software projects
- Demonstrated ability to create visually compelling presentation material
- Ability to think very quickly "on your feet" and make directional adjustments accordingly
- Fluent in English and one or more of the following: French, Spanish, Italian, Portugese
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the property/casualty insurance or financial services industry
- Experience selling and/or implementing enterprise software
- Previous workshop facilitation experience
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top