Senior Technical Education Consultant - EMEA (Remote)
Senior Technical Education Architect - Remote (EMEA)
We know who we are. Guidewire is a software company.
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, mission-critical to the business, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. We provide a platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which work together to strengthen insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 200 customers in more than 20 countries, executing more than 300 Guidewire product implementations.
Can you teach as well as you code?
Guidewire Professional Services is growing our Education Consulting team based on strong global demand. We would like to find an experienced OOD instructor, trainer or implementation consultant with an interest in delivering training on product configuration and integration to Guidewire customers and staff. This role serves as a customer facing position representing Guidewire Software.
The successful OOD Instructor is expected to become proficient in how our products can be configured and how integrations can be implemented between our products and other systems. The instructor will provide training to Guidewire customers and partners. He or She is expected to work closely with other Guidewire trainers and curriculum developers to keep abreast of product capabilities, to contribute to improvements in our training materials and review new training materials before they are finalized for delivery.
To be successful in this role, the right candidate will need:
- Java, or C#, or similar OO language. This means regularly working with the language, writing at least some code for a significant portion of your time.
- Experience developing code to submit and retrieve messages using a messaging bus such as JMS or ActiveMQ or MQSeries. This requirement applies to candidates with either Java or C# backgrounds.
- Understanding of XML, how its structure is controlled and the tools used to generate and parse XML documents.
- Understanding of how web services work from a technical perspective.
- Experience with SQL Server, ORACLE, MySQL or other RDBMS. Able to write simple to moderately complex SQL queries. Understands data modeling concepts, and the ideal candidate would have some experience in database design in a business application environment.
- Ideally experience with packaged software implementations having been involved in an at least one implementation project as contributor in either a development resource, project manager, or business analyst role.
Some of the essential training skills needed are:
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to troubleshoot issues on the spot to enable students to complete exercises;
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently work with customers;
- Previous experience with complex enterprise application software;
- Demonstrated ability to teach business, configuration and integration concepts for software products;
- Prior technical training experience (your audience are software developers), and
- a flexible enthusiastic approach to work.
The ideal candidate may speak English as well as an additional European Language.
Location: Remote EU. You have flexibility to choose where you are located and work on customer site and / or Guidewire training centres. Location choices include: Ireland, UK, Spain, Poland, France, Italy, anywhere in the DACH region. Travel up to 80%.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Dublin. Guidewire is publicly traded on NYSE under symbol: GWRE.
Back to top