Senior Strategic Value Advisor - Remote, US
Senior Strategic Value Advisor
Guidewire Software is a provider of core system software to the global Property/Casualty (general) insurance industry. Designed to be flexible and scalable, Guidewire solutions give insurers the capability to deliver excellent service, increase market share and lower operating costs. Guidewire InsuranceSuite™, consisting of Guidewire PolicyCenter®, Guidewire ClaimCenter® and Guidewire BillingCenter® spans the key functional areas in insurance – underwriting and policy administration, claims management, and billing. Guidewire is headquartered in Foster City, California, with offices in Beijing, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, and Warsaw. For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com.
Strategic Value Advisory is a specialized department within Guidewire that focuses on helping customers to identify, communicate, and realize business value associated with their core system investments. The heart of Strategic Value Advisory is the delivery of brief, intense, client-facing pre-sale engagements that may include direct observation of a customer’s operations and processes, identification of an organization’s strategic goals, including Cloud strategy assessments, estimation/ calculation of the projected business benefits of implementing a new system, and presentation of results to key executive decision-makers.
Our Senior Strategic Value Advisor role is responsible for coordinating and leading these engagements, managing the client and Guidewire personnel who participate in them and delivering the final presentation. Due to the strategic nature of these efforts, the individual must be creative, analytical, and personable. He or she must:
- Quickly understand process issues and problems;
- Be an expert at active listening, gently directing conversations, and generating consensus;
- Effectively manage Cloud discussions, including strategic enablers derived from a Cloud deployment;
- Be sensitive and responsive to the needs of the customer and the Guidewire sales representative;
- Credibly outline examples of value from Guidewire experience; and
- Present findings in a form that is both visually appealing and intellectually compelling.
In addition to leading Strategic Value Advisory engagements, responsibilities may include the following:
- Conduct early-stage conversations with potential customers to introduce Strategic Value Advisory concepts and methodology;
- Manage customer relationships through and beyond implementation, with a focus on building enduring partnerships;
- Promote Strategic Value Advisory externally via Guidewire marketing events and public conferences;
- Advocate for Guidewire’s value orientation internally, especially for Cloud evaluations, serving as a go-to resource for sales, marketing, professional services, and product management teams,
- Advance the state of the Value Advisory "art" (e.g. contribute to processes, tools, methodology, and organizational development); and
- Collaborate with and mentor Value Advisory Analysts.
This role will require 25% - 50% travel.
- 8+ years of experience in management consulting, value-led sales, or functional sales consulting, with a focus on uses/application of technology
- Exceptional executive presence, communication (both oral and written) skills, and presentation skills
- Comfortable leading large group discussions with senior stakeholders
- High analytical aptitude, with a capacity for impromptu mental arithmetic and the ability to translate strategic discussions into a quantifiable opportunity
- Experience developing cost-benefit analyses for large enterprise software projects
- Demonstrated ability to create visually compelling presentation material
- Ability to think very quickly "on your feet" and make directional adjustments accordingly
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the property/casualty insurance or financial services industry
- Experience with large scale cloud deployments and development of the associated strategy
- Experience selling and/or implementing enterprise software
- Previous workshop facilitation experience
Back to top