Senior Software Engineer – Krakow, Poland
- Krakow, Poland
Senior Software Engineer – Krakow, Poland
Do you see value in the detail? Can you dig deep to master sophisticated projects? We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our development team in Krakow. You’ll work alongside specialists at the top of their game, who share a curiosity and dedication to improving the experience for millions of people who use our products every day.
Driven by integrity and motivated by the collective challenge.
At Guidewire, we're changing the face of insurance. Developing and delivering technology that's crafting the future of the property and casualty industry. We're a global team of more than 2,400 working at scale and speed across a 500-million-dollar platform that gives insurers the tools they need to take care of their customers. Individually mastering our craft, to collectively empower millions.
Guidewire Cloud Console
We’re the team responsible for building the Guidewire Cloud Console. This means providing a tool set for our customers to build and deploy Guidewire Insurance Platform solutions to Guidewire Cloud – much like deploying applications on AWS. In fact, under the hood, the console is built on AWS with the support of Kubernetes and Terraform. We write components for the Cloud Console as autonomous services using primarily Java stack (Java 11 and Spring Boot backed by AWS-native services). Teams own all aspects of the software development life cycle for their services: architecture, code, quality assurance, and deployment/upgrade strategies.
Our team builds microservices on a Java stack running on Kubernetes in AWS. The services will manage and store mission-critical configuration and reference data for our customers, providing consumer-quality interfaces so that customers can rapidly configure Guidewire applications. The team works on all aspects of providing a complete, reliable, and high-quality service, which includes creating tests, configuring infrastructure (e.g., CICD), creating UIs, documenting APIs, and building client integrations.
Redefine what’s gone before.
- We want a Senior Software Developer who is ready to push for perfection. You'll be part of a small, multi-functional team tasked with taking our sophisticated suite of products to the next level.
- You'll need to have worked with Core Java, Object Oriented Design and experience in an agile development environment
- Your passion for code will border on an obsession, and you'll be familiar with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, REST, plus Web and Cloud Services such as AWS
- Most of our team have a Computer Science degree or equivalent, but it's not their qualifications that make them stand out. It's their curiosity and dedication to push themselves and constantly improve.
- To succeed here you'll need the persistence to get hands-on and tackle a challenge, but also the skills to communicate clearly the merits of your ideas – and be forward-thinking to the feedback of others.
Let’s make an impact.
At a time of rapid industry change, we're evolving to make sure we deliver the best systems and services for every customer. It's an exciting time to join us as we push ourselves, our business and the sector forward. There are lots to learn and you'll be given opportunities to grow with us and have a genuine impact, inspired by those around you.
Become the best you can be. Join us, apply now.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top