Create real impact. One customer at a time.
Guidewire is a top cloud employer on Glassdoor with a startup frame of mind and the world-class platform for over 25% of the global Property & Casualty market.
Fresh challenges every day
If you’re always up for a challenge, ready to run head-on into change and comfortable with the uncomfortable, you’ll fit right in here. Join Guidewire as a Senior Software Engineer (Java).
A master in Java and all things cloud-based, you’ll help shape the services that make up our Cloud Platform. Getting involved from design and development to testing and deployment, you'll maintain and improve existing services, too, developing fixes for complex problems.
We are a team of sharp people who’ve left our egos at the door. Working collaboratively on pivotal projects with peers in the California and Dublin, your drive and determination will be put to good use here. It’s an agile and fast-paced scene, but you'll soon feel at home working with people who share your enthusiasm for learning new technologies and languages.
You’ll have outstanding interpersonal skills and a talent for explaining complex technical concepts to anyone. Keen to develop others, you’ll share your knowledge on design techniques and coding standards with the team.
Having an academic background in Computer Science is useful, but if you don't have this we won't hold it against you. Show us you've got the right experience and work ethic and we'll happily support you developing further.
Having these skills would be ideal:
- You've developed and deployed production REST APIs
- You're a whiz with Object-Oriented Design and Programming leading practices
- You know your way around relational and/or NoSQL databases
- You have a good grasp of concepts surrounding microservices architecture
- You're a pro with CI/CD and DevOps tools
- You've used public cloud providers like AWS (EKS, DynamoDB, IAM, SQS, S3)
Extra points if you have experience with:
- Infrastructure as Code approach and configuration management, using tools like Terraform
- Building platform software using Kubernetes, Docker and cloud-native technologies
- Event driven architecture
- Other programming languages (e.g. Go, Kotlin)
Be Yourself & Stay Clever
At Guidewire, we value autonomy, empowerment, and inclusivity, which is why we want each of our employees to be heard and celebrated. We’re in the business of uplifting people, so they can fulfill their goals and ambitions. So, there’s plenty of time and space for you to broaden your skills and experience.
Excited and ready for a career upgrade? We're eager to hear from you! Get in touch to learn more about the Guidewire team you’ll work with.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.