Senior Software Engineer- Full Stack , Cyber Risk Analytics - US, Remote
- Flexible / Remote
Guidewire’s Cyence Risk Analytics helps insurers and other financial institutions to model new and evolving risks such as cyber. By combining internet-scale data listening, adaptive machine learning, and insurance risk modeling, Cyence insights help P&C customers face new risks, take advantage of new opportunities and develop new products.
We are looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Senior Software Engineer to build elegant solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better. The team is looking for an enthusiastic engineer who is passionate about building high-quality software with a great team and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products everyday. You will have the opportunity to make an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products that generate over 500 million dollars of revenue annually, mission-critical to 100+ enterprises serving more than a million users.
Our teams are lean, empowered, and collaborative. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door in a team environment, communicating effectively with everyone. We've built a strong culture, and we're looking for engineers who can help us maintain it.
- Develop interactive enterprise web applications, with an emphasis on data analytics and visualization
- Actively participate in a fast-paced team-based Agile environment, working with product managers, user-experience designers, software testers and other engineers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in full stack engineering or similar equivalent role
- Excellent programming skills coupled with an understanding of object-oriented design patterns
- Demonstrated experience developing browser-based interactive web applications, focusing on server-side
- In depth knowledge of databases and SQL particularly PostgreSQL
- Experience with Node.js and associated frameworks such as Express.js
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3, including frameworks such as Bootstrap or Material
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Curiosity to learn new technologies and go outside your comfort zone
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with Python
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as D3.js
- Experience developing and deploying production REST APIs
- Experience with Amazon AWS services such as S3, SQS, Redshift
- Experience with statistical programming languages such as R
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Back to top