Senior Software Engineer, Front End - Krakow Development Centre, Poland
Senior Software Engineer - Front End
Guidewire's development team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Software Engineer to build elegant solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better. The team is looking for an enthusiastic engineer who is passionate about building high-quality software with a great team and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day.
Being part of the Guidewire team, you will be working on some of the latest technologies in frontend development. We are focused on building the best solutions that allow our product vision, architectures and ideas to constantly improve. We are also always striving to optimize the processes that support our development. The successful candidate will work on the entire technology stack, from our core systems and build environments right through to the Web Application front ends.
Successful software engineers at Guidewire typically have:
- A desire to work collaboratively in an empowered, small, cross-functional team
- Pride of owning their work - architecture, design and implementation of our products.
- A desire to maintain and promote a healthy codebase and ensuring high quality of products
- Willingness to mentor less experienced colleagues
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
We have a work environment that encourages individual initiative, experiments with new ideas for continuous improvement, and lets great people do great work by minimizing the hassles of hierarchy and bureaucracy. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a team environment, communicating effectively with your colleagues.
Key qualifications include experience with:
- Experience working in an Agile work environment and knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Experience in developing responsive applications with a good architecture and UI.
- Strong Experience in contributing to architecture, design and implementation of products
- Expert at writing unit tests and testable components.
- Experience building automation scripts and tools to support the CI &CD pipeline.
- Expert in design patterns and best coding practices.
- Clear written communication and documentation skills.
- An aptitude for continuous learning and exploration of new technologies.
Having contributed to open-source development would be an advantage
A typical candidate has a Computer Science degree or equivalent.
The ideal candidate will share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire Insurance Platform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. Insurance Platform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/
Intermediate to Senior
Back to top