Senior Software Engineer Front - End – Dublin, Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
Guidewire's development team is seeking a proactive and results-oriented Senior Engineer to build sophisticated solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better.
Our solution not only includes carefully polished React components, with full support for capabilities like internationalization, Analytics, accessibility, and themability, but also visual tools and testing framework, which altogether is a Guidewire Front-End platform
One of the most exciting challenges is making it possible to build the apps on top of the platform's components in a codeless manner.
We also do ship our efforts to other teams using private npm registries and work closely with them to make the adoption smooth. Private AWS environments are being used for making the efforts transparent to others, using Storybook as a library tool.
We're using state-of-the-art front-end technologies by continuously adopting the latest technologies and features.
- Design, develop and run Front-End platform, components & tools
- Work with your Scrum team to understand the requirements and the problems you need to tackle
- Find the right tools, get involved in the design sessions and build a reliable solution
- Focus on code quality and do code reviews and provide feedback
- Provide technical design and leadership of features from inception to release
- Mentor and support less experienced engineers
What you would need to succeed
- Experience working in an Agile work environment and knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Experience in developing responsive applications with good architecture and UI.
- Experience in contributing to architecture, design, and implementation of products
- Skilled at writing unit and E2E tests and testable components.
- Experience building automation scripts and tools to support the CI &CD pipeline.
- Knowledge of the best coding practices and documentation
- Academic background in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with AWS and Cloud technologies
- Contribution to open-source development projects
- A self-starter and able to perform with minimal direction
We celebrate what makes us different while sharing the belief in our core values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. We strive to build an environment where every voice counts and everyone can make an impact, both on our company and the industry we serve.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top