Senior Salesforce Developer - Foster City, CA
As a member of the Information Systems Application team, the Senior Salesforce Developer will be responsible for customizing, developing and supporting solutions on the force.com platform. Provides production support of applications by trouble shooting issues, proposing solutions, develops, tests fixes, and migrates solution. The candidate will be responsible for partnering with the business analyst and business team members to support Services, Services Operations, Sales Operations, Marketing and Partner Management. A team player, collaboration-oriented, mindset is essential.
- Excellent analysis skills & problem-solving skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Ability to follow an agile or iterative software development methodology
- Must be highly motivated, a quick learner, to work independently or on a team and drive solutions with minimal supervision
- Strong written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a “can do” attitude, great listening skills and effective delivery of technology solutions
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Strong understanding of project management principles
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional IT/Engineering experience required with demonstrated development and design experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in Force.com, Visual force and the Apex programming language with emphasis on Service Cloud, App Cloud & Community Cloud.
- Knowledgeable in standard functions/ modules of Salesforce.com: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, and AppExchange/App cloud application integration. Experience of at least 1-2 End-to-End implementations of Salesforce Service Cloud.
- 4+ years’ experience in Salesforce.com configuration & customization including and not limited to workflows, S-controls, data validations & triggers
- Experience with developing on Cloudcraze app-exchange product & e-commerce business processes
- Expert knowledge of relational databases and data modeling including Salesforce.com SOQL, SOSL query language
- Experience using the Force.com data loader, ETL tools and handling data migration assignments. Proficiency in Java, SOAP services.
- Expert knowledge of MVC concepts, object-oriented methodologies and approaches
- Familiarity with development tools such as Eclipse & GIT.
- Experience with salesforce1 Lightning & Lightning Components (Plus)
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies (Plus)
- Salesforce Platform Developer I must, Salesforce Platform Developer II preferred
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top