Senior Sales Executive, UK
- London, United Kingdom
Our sales and marketing teams are critical to Guidewire's success. For one, the revenue from new sales ensures that we have the funding required to continuously invest in our products and in scaling our growing company. Secondly, our industry is undergoing a technology-led transformation: our sales and marketing teams have the experience and knowledge to partner with insurers to help them plan for success. Of course, our sales and marketing teams are our key ambassadors in the marketplace and play a key role in how the Guidewire brand is perceived.
Description/Scope of Work
The primary responsibility of this role is to sell complex core enterprise applications into an industry vertical with a focus on UK General Insurance. The UK is a fast-growing market for us in which we have increased our Sales coverage.
This role could also expand in the medium term to other possibilities, such as taking over some of the sales activities in South Africa which is an emerging market for Guidewire
Supported by an effective Sales Operations, Inside Sales, Customer Account Managers, Product Marketing and Field Marketing teams the successful candidate will focus upon understanding the strategic objectives of clients and building meaningful relationships with business leaders within the target market
The successful candidate will be responsible for territory management, optimize coverage, close large strategic deals, and leverage the extended Sales Organization they have at their disposal for maximum efficiency.
Key activities for the Sales Executive include:
- Proactive development of new business customers in assigned territory.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers both technical and business focused within prospects and existing clients.
- Work with sales support functions maintain accurate records of contacts and prospects utilizing the Company’s systems and procedures.
- Manage with the support of the Customer Account Managers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Executive Sponsors, post-sale client relationships to maximize product extension sales to existing customers.
- Lead and undertake Sales activities from initial contact until sale closure.
- Arrange and lead technical and functional presentations to clients, support the customers business case in conjunction with product experts, strategic advisory team, and professional services.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of the Company’s underlying technology, the range of existing products and consulting services.
- Prepare detailed quotations and proposals that fully meet client expectations, as well as minimizing risk to the company. Follow Company procedures for quotation review.
- Present regular detailed reports to Management regarding Sales and Marketing activities and success rates.
- Represent the Company at trade shows, conferences, industry meetings and other avenues to initiate sales of the Company’s products.
- Analyze competitor activities and provide feedback into marketing strategies and product development.
Required skills/experience include:
- Proven track record of selling complex core enterprise applications, ideally with a SaaS approach and into an insurance industry vertical (ideally General Insurance) in the UK.
- A high level of energy and commitment, proven ability to create and close opportunities within a defined territory
- Interest and desire to learn about new business areas – the business of general insurers, such that they can engage in cogent face to face discussions with business leaders
- Track record in both winning new name business and managing existing accounts. The role is 70% new business, 30% add-on sales
- working with long (up to 3 years sometimes) and complex sales cycles with multiple decision makers
- Proven ability to tie client business needs / plans to the solution proposed in a compelling manner
- Be able to demonstrate a proactive nature, somebody who makes things happen – reluctant to take “no” for an answer
- Somebody who thinks through the situation draws up a series of potential actions and then executes the best option
- Somebody who knows how to sell the “Value” of our solutions and support the fact that the customer must evaluate his business benefits against any implementation cost estimate
- Understand the impact, benefits, and cost structure to the customer of large core solution projects.
- Understand enterprise technology and the key challenges facing CIOs / CTOs at client firms
- Able to strike the right level of persistence at differing levels throughout a prospective client organization
- Fit in comfortably into a team environment, the multi-faceted nature of the opportunities requires strong teamwork and collegiality in decision making
- An ability to quickly become an autonomous leader in the territory he will manage, well recognized as such by customers, partners, and his peers
- Experience of working with strategic partners and system integrator
- Ability to analyze market trends and business data to identify new market potential
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top