Senior Linux Systems Administrator - Foster City, CA
Sr. Linux Systems Administrator:
- System Administration of Linux servers, we have over 50 servers running different flavors of Linux
- Works on Complex issues where deep analysis of problem is required
- Takes lead in troubleshooting and exercises sound judgment in triaging issues.
- Provide Tier 3 systems support, supporting project initiatives in continuous service improvement, and the performance of routine system administration tasks and system maintenance activities.
- Responsible for crucial infrastructure services including Web Hosting, System Monitoring, and system administration for multiple Linux servers
- Provides all aspects of system administration, operations, and application support for services supported.
- The team Covers the design, implementation, operations and decommissioning phases of applications and hardware for these services
- Assist in the development, implementation and documentation of configuration management database.
- Hardware/software installations and upgrades
- System troubleshooting and repair
- System monitoring and tuning
- Data backup/recovery support
- User and application support
- Work directly with Engineering Team for supporting/maintaining/designing backend infrastructure for product support
- Performance tuning, troubleshooting and resolution of server/network issues
- Disaster recovery design, implementation, and maintenance
- Build & deploy servers at our data center.
- Strong Knowledge of Linux (CentOS/RHEL) Apache required.
- Pro scripting skills (bash, sed, awk, go, py, ruby)
- Experience Installing and configuring servers, diagnosing and repairing hardware issues enhancing and extending monitoring capabilities with third party monitoring tools such as IPmonitor, Nagios, etc.
- Requires the ability to configure infrastructure components, configuring log file management with auditing capabilities.
- Ability to develop, produce and maintain system and data center documentation, including adherence to defined change management process and procedures.
- Security and infrastructure best practices
- Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Basic networking knowledge: switching, ip routing, vlan
- VMware and ESX Hypervisors would be a plus
- Puppet experience a huge plus.
Education and Experience:
•8 years of Senior Systems Administration experience in an enterprise environment
•ITIL experience and/or certification a plus.
Intermediate to Senior
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top