Senior Java Consultant, Cloud Assurance - Weekend Shift
- Dublin, Ireland
Successful consultant developers at Guidewire typically are:
- Passionate about solving complex technical problems and working with some of the biggest financial services companies across the world
- Focused on advocating for and writing good quality code that follows industry standard best practice
- Interested in talking to customers and working in a role that values communication and presentation skills highly
- Curious and have internal motivation to constantly improve
- Confident communicators, with the comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet have humility and hunger to learn from others
What are we looking for?
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third level institution
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA or C#), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Experience with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc.
- An ability to work independently within a team
- Leadership experience within a successful development team
- Experience working with customer teams to understand business objectives and functional requirements
- Will be required to work weekends.(Negotiable shift pattern but Saturday and Sunday must be covered)
The ideal candidate will share and be delighted by our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
- Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
- Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
- Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
Back to top