Senior Java Consultant, Cloud Assurance
- Madrid, Spain
Senior Java Consultant - Cloud Assurance Production Services (CAPS) Team
Successful candidate will be required to work full time and must be available to work two weekends every 4 weeks.
(Java Developer, Technical Consultant)
Guidewire's Cloud Assurance team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Senior Software Developer in Madrid, to join a global team at the forefront of Guidewire's move to the cloud. The successful candidate must be available to work two weekends, every 4 weeks. Negotiable shift pattern but Saturday and Sunday must be covered.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Java Consultant who is passionate about building high quality software and who will ensure the success of our new & existing Guidewire Cloud customers. The CAPS team work with Guidewire Cloud customers in two ways. Customers may engage us after deployment to support changes to their production system, including new feature development and defect resolution. When that is not the case, we work with external production services teams to carry out technical assessments on the work completed by these teams to ensure alignment with Guidewire Cloud standards and best practices.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with some of the largest insurance companies all over the world. We work in lean, empowered, and collaborative teams that communicate daily with our customers and allow us to focus on solving complex technical challenges. You'll work alongside and learn from intelligent colleagues while also having opportunities to demonstrate your own leadership skills and mentor other junior colleagues. We have a strong culture and a reputation for technical excellence within the industry and are looking for a skilled and motivated senior software developer to help grow this.
As a Senior Consultant on the team, you will be carrying out development activities within CAPS production services to deliver new features and resolve production defects with our customers. In addition, as your Guidewire experience grows, you will provide guidance to external production services team through advocacy of Guidewire Cloud best practices and standards.
Given the dynamic nature of the work the CAPS team do, we are looking for decisive, highly-skilled technical problem solvers who enjoy a challenge. We particularly value clear and logical thinking, good communication skills, a focus on quality, and the ability to work well as part of a global and local team.
If this sounds interesting and exciting to you, and you would like to be part of a new, growing, global team of technical consultants working at the forefront of Guidewires cloud transformation, then we would love to speak with you.
Successful consultant developers at Guidewire typically are:
- Passionate about solving complex technical problems and working with some of the biggest financial services companies across the world
- Focused on advocating for and writing good quality code that follows industry standard best practice
- Interested in talking to customers and working in a role that values communication and presentation skills highly
- Curious and have internal motivation to constantly improve
- Confident communicators, with the comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet have humility and hunger to learn from others
What are we looking for?
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third level institution
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA or C#), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Experience with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc.
- An ability to work independently within a team
- Leadership experience within a successful development team
- Experience working with customer teams to understand business objectives and functional requirements
- Will be required to work weekends.(Negotiable shift pattern but Saturday and Sunday must be covered)
- Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
- Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
- Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
The ideal candidate will share and be delighted by our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top