Senior Java Consultant, Cloud Assurance
- Dublin, Ireland
Senior Java Consultant
Successful candidate will be required to work full time and be available to work every second weekend.
(Java Developer, Technical Consultant)
Guidewire's Cloud Assurance team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented senior software developer, based in our Dublin office, to join a growing global team at the forefront of Guidewires move to the cloud.
We are looking for an enthusiastic senior technical consultant who is passionate about building high quality software and ensuring the success of our new & existing Guidewire Cloud customers. The Cloud Assurance team works with Guidewire Cloud customers to develop new features, resolve issues and assure that the quality of each customers production code base.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with some of the largest insurance companies all over the world. We work in lean, empowered, and collaborative teams that communicate daily with our customers and allow us to focus on solving complex technical challenges. You'll work alongside and learn from intelligent colleagues while also having opportunities to demonstrate your own leadership skills and mentor other junior colleagues. We have a strong culture and a reputation for technical excellence within the industry and are looking for a skilled and motivated senior software developer to help grow this.
Successful consultant developers at Guidewire typically are:
- Passionate about solving complex technical problems and working with some of the biggest financial services companies across the world
- Focused on advocating for and writing good quality code that follows industry standard best practice
- Interested in talking to customers and working in a role that values communication and presentation skills highly
- Curious and have internal motivation to constantly improve
- Confident communicators, with the comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet have humility and hunger to learn from others
What are we looking for?
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third level institution
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA or C#), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Experience with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc.
- An ability to work independently within a team
- Leadership experience within a successful development team
- Experience working with customer teams to understand business objectives and functional requirements
- Will be required to work weekends.(Negotiable shift pattern but Saturday and Sunday must be covered)
What we offer:
Competitive Market Salary
LTI (Long term cash Incentive)
Company pension contributions
Fully funded medical insurance for you and your family
26 days paid annual leave
26 weeks paid maternity leave
16 weeks paid paternity leave
3 paid days volunteering and many more
Guidewire was honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award as One of the Best Places to Work in 2019. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top