Senior HR Business Partner - Foster City, CA
HR Business Partner
Guidewire is seeking an experienced HR Business Partner to support our growing business. Reporting to the HR Director, you will build strong partnerships with business leaders, managers and employees, and will be responsible for delivering HR programs and processes to enable the success of the business. You will play a key role providing coaching, organizational design and development, assistance with talent acquisition, human capital analysis, managing employment relations matters, program delivery, and providing general HR support to assigned client groups.
- Partner with clients in the administration of HR programs and initiatives, specifically in the areas of talent acquisition, compensation planning, organization effectiveness, change management, leadership development, talent management, performance management, employee relations, workforce planning, and data analytics
- Drive flawless execution of key people processes, leading Performance Management, Reward, and Workforce Planning processes
- Work with hiring managers and recruitment to optimize the talent acquisition process, advice clients on workforce planning and act as evangelist to our Guidewire’s brand to the market in support of attracting and retaining top talent
- Deliver on employee engagement programs to address organizational gaps and opportunities that drive performance and culture using critical thinking, judgment, coaching and influencing skills
- Act as a liaison between the line and HR to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs
- Effectively manage employee, client and/or human resources conflicts, ensuring effective resolution in accordance with Guidewire policies and culture
- Collaborate with global HR team members to plan and implement global HR initiatives in support of the company to include Workday, talent management, leadership, manager and employee development, compensation, performance review annual cycle programs, and overall employee value proposition
- Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve HR policies and initiatives
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in a global HR Business Partner role; preferably with a software or technology company and experience supporting business functions (product development, customer support etc) highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree with major concentration in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent
- Strong business acumen and the ability to translate business strategy into HR Initiatives and execute
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills, adept at managing through influence, with the ability to interact effectively with multiple partners across the HRBP group and at various levels within the organization (business, technical, senior and executive management)
- Proven ability to provide valued consultation, build partnerships, coach and influence leaders and managers, playing the role of trusted advisor
- Strong HR generalist experience with a solid understanding of compensation & benefits
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and able to use situational appropriate communication techniques including consulting, influence, information sharing and negotiating on complex topics
- Demonstrated high performance and agility during rapidly changing business priorities
- Demonstrated capability regarding data analysis and metrics
- Strong enthusiasm for profession and ability to act as a champion and ambassador for Guidewire’s HR team
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Back to top