Senior Front End Engineer - Remote
- Flexible / Remote
We are looking for a proactive and result-oriented Senior Front End Software Engineer to join our product development team and work on building high-quality software and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day. You will have the opportunity to make an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products as we are serving more than 380 companies in 32 countries.
Are you a curious and enthusiastic software engineer? Do you enjoy learning about and deploying applications to the cloud? Are you interested in helping shape & contributing to our new Cloud products? If so, we would like to meet you!
You will play a significant role in the design and development of components, applications and tools for Guidewire Cloud, our next generation, cloud-native Insurance Platform. Guidewire Cloud is targeted to be a best-in-class solution to serve the changing world of P&C Insurance. You will work in a highly collaborative environment in agile, cross-functional teams. Teamwork is very important to us so we are looking for engineers who are open to share their knowledge, listen to their peers, paying also attention to details and quality and work together to solve complex problems.
You will attend training from day one, learning about our solutions and the business side, as every day can be different, from development to deployment, quarterly planning, and daily standups.
Flexible Work environment.
- Do test-driven FrontEnd development to ensure high confidence in any code you develop
- Receive and provide feedback in code reviews
- Interface with and help evolve REST APIs
- Work with the User Experience team to achieve a great user experience
- Collaborate within the Scrum Team to understand the requirements and possible implementation options
- Help develop Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Own, troubleshoot & resolve code defects
What you would need to succeed
- Emphasize team wins over individual success
- Experience with modern frontend application frameworks such as React JS or Vue.js
- Strong technical communication skills
- Clean code practices
- Interest in software / architectural design principles
- Understand REST API for data interchange
- Ability to work in an agile fast paced environment
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science or related field)
- Strong individual contributor with strong experience delivering high-quality solutions
- 5+ years of Frontend Software Development experience
- Experience other programming languages such as TypeScript or Java
- Working knowledge of AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience with any of TeamCity / Jenkins / GoCD
- Experience with modern frontend ecosystem (e.g. webpack, bower, npm, Babel)
- Experience with accessibility (A11y) and internationalization (i18n) best practices
- Startup experience
Our employee culture…
Who We Are
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Back to top