Senior Director/Director Product Management Cloud Policy Solutions - San Mateo, CA
- San Mateo, CA
Guidewire is widely recognized as the top tier provider of software solutions for the P&C Insurance industry. We are extending our market leadership by delivering leading-edge cloud Policy solutions to tackle key challenges our customers face. Our emergent solutions will empower our customers to unlock innovation, pursue ground-breaking new market opportunities, and reinvent the way they do business in P&C.
We are looking for an experienced executive to join our leadership team as Senior Director or Director of Product Management Policy Cloud Solutions. In this role, you will lead a hardworking team of product managers, P&C policy domain specialists, and user experience designers to deliver Cloud Policy Solutions that delight our customers while providing the basis for Guidewire’s continued financial success and business growth in years to come.
The successful candidate will be a diligent, results-oriented leader who takes ownership for driving the entire solution definition and delivery lifecycle, from concept through successful adoption by our customers. As a highly respected and compelling member of Guidewire's leadership team, you will be a groundbreaking change agent with a strong customer focus, guiding and encouraging your team to plan the future of P&C business solutions running in the cloud.
This position will be located at Guidewire's U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, CA.
- Build next-generation Cloud Policy Solutions on the Guidewire platform
- Promote adoption of new policy solutions by Guidewire customers
- Drive top-line revenue expansion from cloud policy sales
Key Responsibilities :
- Lead the development of the overarching Policy solution vision, strategy, and execution plan.
- Be accountable for business, financial, and operations planning processes to ensure the Cloud Policy Solutions meet expectations for in-market performance and top line revenue expansion.
- Drive development of a cohesive, multi-year strategy based on market needs as well as guidance from domain gurus both within and outside of Guidewire.
- Lead market analysis, insight development, and market prioritization activities to fully advise Policy solution requirements definition and opportunity validation.
- Champion customer-centered, market-demand thinking throughout the Policy solution team to ensure proposed Policy solution is fully aligned with business needs.
- Develop a deep, customer-informed perspective and understanding of key market drivers, business challenges and new technology needs across the P&C industry.
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team to define comprehensive programs for transitioning existing Guidewire customers to the cloud.
- Help evolve and optimize Guidewire’s agile development lifecycle as needed to enable rapid inception, definition, and continuous improvement of innovative new cloud Policy solutions.
- Be a catalyst and highly influential member of the product development leadership team, commanding attention and driving alignment across a range of opinions, alternatives and results-oriented interests.
- Promote Guidewire’s Policy solution strategy and vision to both internal and external partners, including the Guidewire management team, industry analysts, customers and prospects, as well as SIs and solution partners.
- Lead a globally distributed community of business analysts, product managers, domain specialists, and other key contributors responsible for next generation cloud Policy solutions in P&C.
- Recruit and mentor a high performance product management team, ensuring members have the resources, skills, and capabilities needed to conceive, define and deliver new cloud Policy solution.
Required Skills & Experience :
- 10+ years of product management leadership experience in planning, launching, and oversight of highly configurable enterprise software products and solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in handling definition and market delivery of cloud-based and cloud-native business applications.
- Very strong business acuity and ability to plan, execute, and achieve revenue targets across the solution portfolio.
- Highly technical individual who is familiar with the latest cloud and other modern technologies but also has the intellectual curiosity to explore the market potential of new technology innovations.
- Deep understanding of product management operational metrics and KPIs to provide transparency and accountability throughout the solution development lifecycle.
- Keen understanding and appreciation for the business value of user-centered experience design and of design oriented thinking overall.
- Excellent communication,interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to present clearly and persuasively to customers, partners, colleagues and senior executives.
- Highly structured and well-organized individual with ability to successfully lead product management activities across multiple, concurrently running solution domains.
- Ability to balance a desire for enabling new software innovations with the need to fulfill business needs and customer expectations.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Back to top