Senior DevOps Engineer- Kraków, Poland
Senior DevOps Engineer – Kraków Development Centre, Poland
Are you passionate about developer productivity and developing CI/CD software solutions? Do you know how to automate configuration and setup of high-availability, large-scale applications/ tools? Are you a strong Linux systems admin? Are you detail-oriented, have strong sense of responsibility and thrive on efficiency? And above all do you enjoy building systems in private and public cloud that scale? If you answered yes, we’re the right place for you.
You will be part of DevOps team that provides solid solutions to enable our development team to quickly and efficiently develop new products. This critical team combines software development, software administration, and product management expertise to support our Guidewire development team and customers. As a member of this team, you will have the ability and responsibility to make decisions that will benefit Guidewire in the long term. We welcome creative engineers and technology enthusiasts who enjoy being challenged by technical problems, with a strong desire to make services better for users.
Guidewire develops and implements market-leading insurance software solutions. Our success comes from a wonderfully tuned combination of highly focused business developers, talented programmers and skilled consultants. Our mission is to constantly improve so that our customers can deliver insurance the way that they want to. And that’s where you come in. You’ll have fun working at a company voted as one of the best places to work. At Guidewire Development, our process is sustainable, work/life balance friendly, and we pride ourselves on a calm, thorough, and rational approach to our business. See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/life-guidewire/about-us/
- Design, implement, and set up production continuous integration systems to meet high scalability requirements for CI workflow (functional and performance) – we run hundreds of thousands of tests per day on a cloud based infrastructure
- Modernize existing application and environment deployment process using configuration management tools.
- Listening to individuals across development, understanding their activities, and constantly thinking about solution to automate and improve productivity
- Collaborate with other engineers to drive development of solutions that help developer productivity.
- Hands on involvement with IT and Security operations teams on systems related projects
- Build automation for system configurations, application upgrades, monitoring and rollout
- Evaluating and developing software tools/services
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Administer, manage, and upgrade technology platforms / applications
- Experience with container technologies (Docker)
- Experience in administration of source control, CI/CD systems/tools (GIT/Stash, Teamcity/Jenkins, Ansible/Puppet or equivalent)
- Proven ability to automate software and application installation, setup and configuration
- Experience in dynamic environment provisioning / automation, using configuration automation tools in a container / virtualized / cloud environment (Ansible, or equivalent)
- Strong ability to document standards, procedures of configuration environments.
- Experience building and setting up system and application monitoring (Nagios or equivalent)
- Strong experience with AWS Cloud and/or vSphere infrastructure
- Experience in leading projects with track record of successful delivery
- Solid communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong exposure to Log Management solutions
- Experience in applying security standards part of solution automation
- Exposure to agile methodology of execution (Scrum or Kanban)
Guidewire opened Krakow Centre in September 2015 to support increasing global customer demand.
Kraków is Guidewire’s eighth global development Centre, joining teams in California, Dublin, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tokyo and Toronto. The Centre is focused on development of core products that are critical to the company and its clients.
Intermediate to Senior
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top