Senior Cloud Transition Project Manager, Professional Services- Remote,US
Description/Scope of Work:
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change in the cloud—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
As the Cloud Transition Project Manager you will be working on large implementation cloud projects involving Guidewire core applications, including managing stakeholders and collaborating with business staff.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the successful transition of Guidewire’s customers to the cloud.
- Spend most of your day working on one to many cloud transition projects.
- Manage the Transition Project Lifecycle of large scale transition projects from start to completion.
- Lead meetings, provide guidance to the project team and maintain project documentation..
- Manage scope, time, budget, goals, scheduling, updates and strategy of transition projects.
- Communicate project status to management verbally and/or written.
- Utilize agile and project management software such as Rally, JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, SmartSheets, etc.
- Assist in planning & execution strategies of the project transition.
- Provide leadership and coordinates with the Cloud Operations, Cloud Assurances, Services, System Integrators, and the Customer in the delivery of high-quality services within committed timeframes
- Ensures complete understanding of the delivery estimate and project scope – leads the project transition team to deliver within the framework of the given estimate and assumptions
- Knows contractual terms, applications, and integrations in play, and dependencies.
- Meets weekly with all parties engaged with the transition to provide an update on status.
- Maintain positive implementation experience for customer.
- Manage Guidewire Transition project team
- Implementation partner management, tracking of financials and costs, as well as issue/risk management for the cloud transition.
- Escalate risks when critical path tasks become threatened
- Respond with a sense of urgency but with a standard, consistent approach.
- Facilitate meetings, including identification of action items and follow up.
- Manage stakeholders proactively to offset scope creep and maintain integrity of time budgets and schedules.
- Identify, analyze, and prioritize transition project risk and develop response plans.
- Prepare and maintain transition project schedules with all critical tasks and related milestones, using approved methodologies and templates.
- Facilitate project governance and escalation process interactions between the business owners, key stakeholders, and leadership team.
- Establish project communication, governance, and expectations that create positive customer transition to the cloud.
- Document transition management best practices for the organization.
- Follows transition methodology consistently and works with broader team to continuously refine and improve the process.
Customer Success through collaboration on-site:
This role requires 50-80% travel
- Understand Cloud processes and technologies and possess advanced project management skills.
- 8+ years of Project/Program Management experience; Must have project experience managing multi-million dollar project(s).
- Demonstrated skill in working with implementation partners, and managing large multi-functional projects including software package implementations and information architecture.
- Strong leadership skills
- Follows Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies to ensure complete, documented deliverables, controls, issue resolution, risk mitigation, etc.
- Very strong communication skills (listening, written and verbal).
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation skills within challenging situations.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly in new situations.
- Ability to function successfully within fast paced, high stress projects.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization in both business and IT areas.
- Experience working with onshore and offshore resources.
- Technical knowledge.
- Understand how to interpret the server network build and contractual documents.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team with effective decision making.
- Comfortable and confident in working with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues to non-technical staff and executive level management.
Nice to have,
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience with Cloud Technology;
- P&C Insurance experience
- Experience with project management tools: SmartSheet, MS Project, Jira, Rally
- Has agile certifications: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Scaled Agilest (SA)
- BA or BA degree
- Vendor management experience is a plus
- Excellent facilitation skills
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Sam D.Senior Software Engineer
Sam collaborates with product designers to turn their visions into reality. She also ensures they’re building the right products in the right time frame.
Back to top