Senior Cloud Operations Engineer (AWS) - Bedford, MA
- Bedford, MA
Guidewire is seeking an experienced Senior Cloud Operations Engineer to support the design, implementation, and on-going maintenance of our Cloud Solutions. Your job will be to help ensure that our customer development applications, services and websites are available, performing well and highly automated. The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background managing Cloud Applications.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
- Monitor and Support customer CI/CD environment ensuring that the infrastructure is available and running
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve any issues that impact the customer ability to successfully execute CI/CD functions
- Work with stakeholders to drive scope definition, specifications, and architecture of Deployment Tools & Processes for AWS Cloud
- Work closely with engineers, test engineers, product owners and management to understand requirements, define and implement best practices and standards around DevOps and Service Resilience
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment
- Define, implement and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and improvement
- Manage complex projects from inception to completion
- 3+ years hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, IAM, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience using CI/CD tools (git, BitBucket, Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- 3 years of experience with modern automation, DevOps, and Agile development
- Networking fundamentals including VPNs, DNS, subnetting, route tables, firewalls, etc
- Strong understanding of AWS security and monitoring and experience implementing best practices
- Strong experience with Monitoring and Alerting Tools: CloudWatch, Grafana, Zabbix, PagerDuty, Site24x7, Sumologic, Nagios
- Experience with configuration management (Chef)
- Experience administering infrastructure for traditional monolithic web-based business applications
- Highly proficient in Linux administration
- Experience with coding / scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Back to top