Senior Cloud Engineer - Linux, DB , AWS & Kubernetes
- Chennai, India
We are seeking an experienced Linux administrator, who can provide scalable solutions and work independently and be a good team player.
This individual will be also responsible for the day-to-day operations, administering, monitoring, troubleshooting, automation, and configuration of Linux servers in AWS and on-prem. Individual should have good experience in working with various DB technologies such as Oracle, SQL server and RDS in AWS. This individual will manage and resolve service requests via ServiceNow ticketing system and work closely with internal teams (DevSecOps, Infrastructure, Networking, UC, and AV) and support other customers like Information Security
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on Linux/Windows/ESXisystems, using tools like SCCM, Satellite, Spacewalk
- Maintain OS configuration using Configuration Management tools like Ansible.
- Support file/printer servers and manage AD resource permissions
- Manage external digital certificate requests and external DNS provider
- Participate in Data Center consolidation, and migration to the cloud (AWS)
- Provide hands on operational support for Firewalls, Routers, Switches and associated Security related devices.
- Investigate and resolve network and security incidents
- Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Maintain Database configuration, backups, and DR solutions
- Provide database performance and tunning suggestion
- Design and document SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for system administration activities
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, is self-motivated and able to assign tasks and projects independently.
- · BS in Computer Science or Engineering or information systems or related field (or equivalent experience) required
- · Good understanding of AWS services like EC2, S3, VPC, Route53 and Kubernetes
- · 7+ years Windows/VMware/Linux systems administration experience
- · Scripting skills: highly skilled in a at least two typical scripting languages (shell/bash, PowerShell, Perl, python, ruby)
- · Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Satellite, Spacewalk etc.
- · Experience designing and maintaining AWS-based systems
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top