Create real impact. One customer at a time.
Guidewire is a top cloud employer on Glassdoor with a startup frame of mind and the world-class platform for over 25% of the global Property & Casualty market.
Fresh challenges every day
If you’re always up for a new project, ready to run head-on into change, and comfortable with the uncomfortable, you’ll fit right in here. Join Guidewire as a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer.
Ready to become the best you can be? Want to master complex projects, working with specialists at the top of their field? Join our Cloud DevOps team - a group of curious minds dedicated to improving the customer experience for millions of people using our sophisticated products.
You'll play a vital role in implementing and supporting features development for our Cloud Solutions. You'll have experience in designing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems, have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background developing and managing Cloud Applications, with a focus on software development.
Driven by integrity, you'll value detail and push for excellence, taking ownership of your work. If you’ve got the right outlook, we’ll help you to learn and grow.
- Develop and maintain cloud infrastructure automation features, configuration management and CI/CD pipelines
- Bridge the gap between architects, operation engineers, test engineers and program managers
- Work closely with team members in a collaborative, agile environment
- Provide guidance on automation
- Mentor other team members
- Participate in code peer review
- Participate as an escalation point in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Strong coding ability with Python, Kubernetes, Terraform, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Linux, Certificates, HTTP, TLS
- Extensive experience using AWS, EC2, Lambda, S3, VPC, Route 53, CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, IAM, EKS, etc.)
- An Agile, systematic problem-solving approach.
- Scripting and debugging on both Linux and Windows environments
- Tomcat/Apache web applications
- Excellent written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Strong experience deploying applications to AWS Cloud
- 3 or more years of hands-on experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Good level of coding experience with Python 2.x/3.x, Groovy, Ruby
- Experience with CI/CD
- Agile, Kanban experience
- Experience working with containers in a cloud environment
- Experience with Monitoring and Alerting tools
The bottom line? It'll take more than just technical skills and qualifications to make the grade here. If you're an innovative problem-solver who’s motivated to learn, we can't wait to hear from you.
Be Yourself & Stay Clever
At Guidewire, we value creative freedom, empowerment, and inclusivity, which is why we want each of our employees to be heard and celebrated. We’re in the business of uplifting people, so they can fulfill their goals. So, there’s plenty of time and space for you to broaden your skills and experience.
If we've got you excited and you’re ready for a career upgrade, then we're eager to hear from you! Get in touch to learn more about the Guidewire team you’ll work with.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.